ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new knob and I'm not sure what to get. My Miata came with a black knob that's honestly just like a pool ball. It's all scratched up now and I'm looking for something new, preferably white.

Right now it's between these two:

The first one is much heavier, and the second one is much lighter. Not sure if I would like the shape of the 2nd one, but it's intriguing. Opinions?

What do you guys like? Size, shape, weight, etc.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
i prefer a heavy knob.
looks are subjective, so get a knob that looks good to you.
some people prefer a light weight knob, which is why you can find delrin knobs.
i'm not sure i know what the ebay knob looks like...so i can't comment on the looks of it.
but if it's heavier than the garagestar knob, i'd rock it solely based on that fact.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the first one in my jeep, it's not bad for a universal knob but it's not really that heavy.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Round knobs have never appealed to me. I tried a Voodoo Magnum, it sucked since it was too light -- I don't get why m.net faps all over them. I really want a gold Carbing knob, but I fear that will be too light as well.

·
··
4,227 Posts
My first aftermarket shift knob was a spherical Blox Neo-Ti 490g from 1234performance I think on eBay.
I definitely liked the heavier, solid feel versus the stock and featherlight Prelude knob.

·
Banned
148 Posts

Team Voodoo shift knob - spun finish

I prefer ball style shift knobs, ergonomically pleasing to the touch and aesthetically compliments any interior's shift boot/gate. Countersunk so the knob threads all the way down and sits low on the shifter to provide shorter shifts. Semi-weighted is ideal, not chicken nugget light nor paperweight/bowling ball heavy to provide positive shift engagement while still retaining precise shift feel. Voodoo knob delivers at an affordable price plus quality/fit/and finish to match.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts