ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure that I'm going to go the wheel route yet but I am probably going to pick up a set of Azenis or R compounds for my stock 14's.

Any thoughts on the preferred choice for a daily wheel?

Ronal LS 15x7.5 et25

or

Sportmax 501, Gold, 15x8 et15

on this ride

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
if you get the sportmax seanjay will make you an honorary member in the clownclub! seriously though, both those other choices look way hotter than the sportmax. If you can afford them, do it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How much are the PIAA's? And who sells them...

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
You can order some PIAA action from me soon..

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I'd choose the ronals over the sportmax's. I actually sent them an email. If you want to spend a little bit more get the PIA's. They are forged 2 piece wheels.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
yes they do. Ebay sells a set for around 1200 but im sure freedomgli or ultimateforce can help you.

·
3,857 Posts
I personally prefer the look of the 501 out of the three wheels.
Yes too many cars in CR have them, but honestly if I don't take into account the KINOD meetings I haven't seen any other car on the street with the same wheels...
The sportmax are very decent wheels, cheap and lightweight. My ROTA PDC have 10 times better finish but they cost twice the price of my 501s.

The Ronal are usually heavy...the sportmax aren't... I measured my 002 13lbs while I didn't have the chance to measure the 501 but I bet they are close to that...

As far as the PIAA, they are maybe awesome wheels but I don't like how they look on the blue miata in the picture above...

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
^Very true

But how did you sportmax's weigh in at 13 pounds? Most and definately mine were 15 pounds and that was on my digital scale.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as long as the Ronals aren't some absurd weight, I'll likely be grabbing a set. My BBS are worth a few bucks in the VW community so the swap should be pretty cost effective overall.

I'll of course post up if I pull the trigger.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts