Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Some other dark color

Votes: 6 7.7%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go with some 17" wheels and to me they look fine from all angles except the side angle. They are pretty old wheels and could use a refreshing. After looking at Jdmpalace's BBS wheels, I am considering painting mine black. Mainly to draw less attention to the chrome lip. Some MSM's came with 17's and thy look great but for some reason my wheels look huge. I'm just trying to make the wheels look well...normal.

Here's the car, What do you think?

I don't know if I want a dark centered wheel, an entirely dark wheel, or if I should just leave the wheels alone.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about painting the spokes the same color as your body? Then perhaps a matte nickel on the rim.
I thought about it but I'm not a fan of color matched wheels. Or gold wheels lol. I might just look into the matte nickel.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
green on gold is always a winning combo, though i'd say dark grey with a grey lip since you're saying no to the gold

·
Registered
747 Posts
I kinda like the color they are already. Have you thought about some more aggressive aero? I feel like your car just looks too high.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it looks too low lol, and yes I already have side skirts and msm rear lip. they will be going on next week.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Leave them be or black. Either would be fine. lol Black would certainly dull them down a lot.

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
I'm a fan of all black wheels, it'll go with your lip, interior. but alotta people hate. do whatchu want!

·
Registered
388 Posts
smaller tire and more camber will make them look less big.. but darker centres will also help - i think colour matched with gold hardware could be a killer combo

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. Semi gloss black with gold hardware would look pretty damn sexy. I have small tupperware sides but like I said, I just haven't installed them yet. And changing my tire size isn't really an option. Neither is less clamber, these wheels are 17x10. They barely fit as it is.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I like the current color setup. I think the only thing that would make them "less obnoxious" would be the aero... maybe even something more aggressive than stock aero though.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts