ClubRoadster.net banner

Wheel Question

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Stumpy 
#1 ·
Ok so if you guys get mad, ill understand .. well a little bit

But i have a 2005 MSM and want to change the stock 17" racing hart wheels to something smaller.

The car is Daily Driver

I want to get coilovers (not sure which ones are good)

I want to be lower and look awesome but at the same time dont want to compromise safety and driveability.

Would love to be able to take the car to the track on certain occasions.

Too much to ask? or is it possible!

Show me the light!

#11 ·
FM V-Maxx Stage 2 suspension kit
I'm still convinced the FM V-maxx is highway robbery. Rokkor + bumpstops + alternate springs + fat markup. But hey, if you have a crowd of m.netters praising your every move and waiving cash at your face I would sell them as well.

#5 ·
Umm, sounds like you want to be close to mod slammed and no lower since you want to keep driveability. At a thousand bucks you can afford a nice variety to choose from.
1) used Tein Flexes - take you low and have great handling
2) BC Racing Type BR (get low package) - take you really low and are great for a street/drift setup. Pretty good handling in the corners too when you wanna push it without sliding.
3) used Stance GR - also good for going low and drifting. Havn't had any experience in the corners with them yet.
4) Megan Racing - their $900 option. Not their cheapest one. Goes low and has a decent ride

I feel like their are a couple other new coilovers out there that I havn't felt in person yet, but I can't remember their name. As far as wheels, I won't even name any since that is all up to your style. Check the fitment thread for ideas of the setup that looks good to you

#7 ·
Tein Flex or a Bilstein home brew setup like Redemphex mentioned + RB tubular sway.
15x8's of some sort. Preferably under 13 ish lbs.
205 re11 or z1 star spec.
Should transform the car immensely and look tasteful to boot.

Gets my vote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.