ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgive me if this has been discussed but couldnt find anything through search. I'm thinking of getting some 25mm spacers to accommodate the big flared fenders im building. Im running 15x8 6uls. My question is, how safe/reliable are these spacers for daily driving or track use. I've heard that they can cause extra stress on hubs, brakes, axels, etc. But want to know if this would be a bad idea for a track car. And im trying to avoid switching to a higher offset wheel. What do you guys think?

·
Murse Magnet
7,814 Posts
ive heard that if you use huge spacers for an extreme amount of time and extreme uses that it could theoretically potentially in some far away land cause slightly more than normal bearing wear. My main concern would be if you can still tighten your lug nuts properly with spacers that thick.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I have no personal experience, but I feel like extended studs would be safer assuming they're quality pieces.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
if you do go with any spacers, then i would highly suggest going with H&Rs or Ichiba's. My buddy who owns a 240 shop works with spacers all the time since all his customers use them for drifting and wider stance.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
no you'll be fine with the bolt on ones. You don't cut your oem studs down to add strength. That's why they bolt on brother.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump for another noon question. I'm looking at some 20mm h&r bolt ons. But the wheel bore is 54.1 where as the 6uls are a 67.1 I believe. Should I be looking for something custom? Or is there some kind of centering ring that with fill that bore gap?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts