ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get Yokohama A032R tires in 225/50R15 over some nice wheels. I'm also open to 16" if I could fit Falken Azenis 225/50R16 but I'd prefer 15" that would clear my FM/goodwin BBK for handling concerns.

Requirements:
-No rolling of fenders if at all possible and maintain full suspension travel
-Hoping to spend under $1k on wheels, cheaper is better.

Suggestions?

I currently have 16" BBS RKs. I don't know where the previous owner found them but I really like them. However I want another set of wheels for super sticky tires, these ES100s are out the door for T1Rs as the general use / road trip set. That is as soon as I'm done burning them off :twisted:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
it would fit. the 225/50/16 is too tall.

225/45/15 was my last set-up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man I love those wheels. sorry no input :)
Thanks, I love them too :) Car looks so good rolling and cornering.

I emailed Emilio with some questions, thanks!

15x8 ATS DTC COMP LIGHT?
Saw these at Goodwin and they're really nice but too similar to my current BBSes despite being really nice.

I just need serious rubber. I've had two other NAs but they were N/A so just the 195/55R14 old Azenis on the stock wheels were amazing. But if I breathe on my go pedal it gets sideways :?

·
Registered
402 Posts
15x8s, but 225/50 won't fit up front without modifying the fenders. 225/45 will, though, and the stickier stuff (Hoosier R6, Toyo RA-1) comes in that size. As far as wheels, Emilio's 15x8 is the way to go.

By the way - the RKs are HOT. Very nice wheels.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What would the difference be for 225/45/16 in physical size ( besides the obvious larger hole for the wheel )? Could you fit that on a factory NB 16''x6.5'' wheel? I'm looking for a slightly thicker sidewall, and preferably slightly wider tire.

/threadjack

·
Registered
402 Posts
225/45-16 is 1 inch larger in diameter than a 225/45-15, which is about stock diameter. (Duh.) That makes it an inch larger than stock, which is too much. No, you can't CORRECTLY fit it to a 6.5" wheel. (You can fit anything on anything, but only certain combo ranges are "proper".) Proper size is 225/40-16.

If you want to fit without rolling fenders, you need 15x8s, +40 offset, and 225/45-15 tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hoagie? you live in AZ?
Yeah, Tempe

Where did you get your rollbar pad? Is it custom or did you order it? Car is beautiful.
Previous owner had it custom made I believe.

I really like the black hardtop on there, looks good :mrgreen:

15x8s, but 225/50 won't fit up front without modifying the fenders. 225/45 will, though, and the stickier stuff (Hoosier R6, Toyo RA-1) comes in that size. As far as wheels, Emilio's 15x8 is the way to go.

By the way - the RKs are HOT. Very nice wheels.
Thanks for the info. I'd like to get Emilio's black with polished lip 6ULs but they're at +36 offset, I think that'll make it harder to fit big rubber without rolling the fenders or cutting the fender liners.

I think I need to give up my hopes of getting big fat A032Rs on 6ULs without modifying anything on the car to make them fit.

Thanks for the ideas and compliments everyone :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts