ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the street basis kit but find the front to be too soft as it dives into corners. After tons of research and getting into loads and ratios etc etc I decided I want to replace my current springs from 7kg front 6kg rear to 10kg front (still haven't got them) 7kg rear. I'm sure the shocks can handle a 1kg difference in the back and I have no complaints with the rears performance so I want to leave that alone the front however I imagine my shocks that tein designed to work with 7kg may not like the 10kg very much and this is where I wish I had adjustable dampening to make up for the difference.

Should I be fine with the shocks I have now? Should I def look into adjustable Dampening? If so where can I buy just the shocks? I only find complete kits online.

Please don't just rant on how I should've got better coilovers to start with I know this already but like I said no complaints in the back so I just want to fix the front.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
yup. Best thing to do is call Tein and they'll provide you with the part number (they don't sell to public). Then give me a ring and I can get the shock ordered and shipped to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I currently have the street basis kit but find the front to be too soft as it dives into corners. After tons of research and getting into loads and ratios etc etc I decided I want to replace my current springs from 7kg front 6kg rear to 10kg front (still haven't got them) 7kg rear. I'm sure the shocks can handle a 1kg difference in the back and I have no complaints with the rears performance so I want to leave that alone the front however I imagine my shocks that tein designed to work with 7kg may not like the 10kg very much and this is where I wish I had adjustable dampening to make up for the difference.

Should I be fine with the shocks I have now? Should I def look into adjustable Dampening? If so where can I buy just the shocks? I only find complete kits online.

Please don't just rant on how I should've got better coilovers to start with I know this already but like I said no complaints in the back so I just want to fix the front.
Track Dog Racing sells Tein Springs that will fit.

https://trackdogracing.com/teinupgradefrontsprings.aspx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts