ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preferably new..i cant really seem to find anything, i must be looking in all the wrong spots. Im trying to find one that comes with most everything, injectors, intercooler, piping, etc. Any suggestions that may be helpful? Thanks. I'm looking to spen between 0 - 1500, maybe a little more. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
You don't have enough money.

·
4,296 Posts

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
All you really need to turbocharge your car is the 1500 for the GReddy kit. It's a comprehensive, complete, race-proven kit. Add a boost controller (crank that bitch up!) and you have all the parts you need for 275 WHP. Intercoolers are only necessary in very hot climates. The install takes about thirty minutes so there's virtually no downtime. The stock ECU handles anything you throw at it, so tuning and dyno time is unnecessary. Best part is you don't even need to pay extra for premium fuel! And luckily the entire Miata drivetrain and chassis support huge power, so no costly upgrades like clutch and differential are needed there. Yep, $1500 is your ticket to a baby supercar! Get on eBay now!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok lol thanks guys. i did see the greddy kits online for 1500. but ill still need some other stuff obviously..thats alright. thanks for the input.

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
Psssh, look in the back of mags..."turbocharge any car for $69"

You guys...he could have like 21.74 turbos for $1500. At 7psi from each turbo; thats 152.17psi. Madness.

Seriously though...cheap, reliable, fast...pick two. Up your budget. The Greddy kit is a good jump off point, but by the time you are done, you wont have any part of the greddy kit excpet maybe the turbo. Go to BEGI, buy the Shanghi and call it a day. That's what I had planned. Shanghai and upgrade as I go.

·
Supporting Member
2,299 Posts
All you really need to turbocharge your car is the 1500 for the GReddy kit. It's a comprehensive, complete, race-proven kit. Add a boost controller (crank that bitch up!) and you have all the parts you need for 275 WHP. Intercoolers are only necessary in very hot climates. The install takes about thirty minutes so there's virtually no downtime. The stock ECU handles anything you throw at it, so tuning and dyno time is unnecessary. Best part is you don't even need to pay extra for premium fuel! And luckily the entire Miata drivetrain and chassis support huge power, so no costly upgrades like clutch and differential are needed there. Yep, $1500 is your ticket to a baby supercar! Get on eBay now!
My sarcasm detector is on the fritz, so I hope this was a joke post.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Descend into a large cavern, there you will find the holy grail turbo.

and fwiw, don't buy a shitty greddy kit.
I think the brain is right; do not buy a crap kit, Just start small and keep collecting nice turbo parts until you have a nice setup then start collecting engine management stuff and after a couple decades, I mean years...you will have something nice too.....

·
Registered
451 Posts
+1 don't buy the greddy kit. You'll just find out it has its own problems relief cuts, intercooler, fueling, oil return, etc. All of these are problems that need to be addressed.

+1 on the budget also. 1500$ is a little low for a "descent" kit. I would strongly recommend Begi or Flyin Miata if you want a basic bolt on kit. They have great quality and good customer service.

If you really want to turbo your miata you better do alot of research. The best place would be reading books and searching the archives of miataturbo.net; but doent post any questions until you've done your homework or you'll get toasted by the members!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts