ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Tires (like all design) are a matter of compromise. What do you think is a "good price"? Hard to go wrong with either Falken Azenis RT-615 or Ventus R-S2 Z212. If you don't like them drive the car until they wear out and replace with something different. By then you'll know more about what you value most in a tire.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
T1R is more expensive and has less traction in the dry. The OP wants "Traction+rain+decent price". In the wet the performance advantage of one max performance summer tire versus another is debateable. I've never had any wet weather traction issues with either the RT-215 or RT-615 Azenis. Plus, how often do people really drive in the rain? Maybe twice a week, on average? Think of all the dry sunny days that SoO SpEc Mx5 would be missing out on if he went with the T1R. That tire is for old people. Then again he did say daily driver. We all know how people like to compromise performance for added comfort when it comes to their daily drivers. Maybe the T1R would be best afterall. Either way this isn't a critical life decision. People agonize way too much over tire choice. Just get whichever one is going to be the least hassle to get installed so you can get your car back on the road as quickly as possible and have fun with it.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,648 Posts
Pretty much what I was saying, Kyle. That said, the T1R doesn't seem to do too bad. It's got more grip in the dry than most of us will be able to throw at it and good wet traction. Add to a nice ride quality, and it seems to be just what the doctor ordered for a daily driver tire. Besides, the RT-615 isn't cheap anymore :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might try the T1R or the Hankook. I've had the Azenis 215 and it was not great at all during rain season.

I might aim for the T1R since its an all around tire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts