ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night after doing some work under my hood, I went on a test drive..

I heard a clang while driving down the road... Thought I had left a tool under the hood and it went flying... Went back and checked, and found this...

Anybody know what it is? I'm guessing a transmission bolt?

·
··
4,227 Posts
First thought was an alternator bolt but I will assume you've checked.
When I was unbolting my trans from the PPF (think that was it, the brace running aside the trans with cutout holes) they're were 2 bolts that were that size. Surprised me when they fell out, my Dad said they held the roof on. :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have to agree with Brontosaurus! Its the powersteering bolt as I too lost one :fp:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check it out closer tonight.. Is it a bolt underneath or something? Because I only loosened the 12mm adjuster clamp bolt, and the 14mm bolt to the left of that so that the pump would rotate, then retightened both of those. And IIRC when i looked after i heard the bolt fall out, that 14mm was still in there...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trans or accessory mount (AC PS ect) are my guesses
My PS bolt fell out and disappeared (didn't really notice for a while either since the tension bolt was tight).
I have to agree with Brontosaurus! Its the powersteering bolt as I too lost one :fp:
Winner winner chicken dinner... it was the pivot bolt for the power steering pump... my guess is the nut has been missing, and when I broke the pump loose to take the belt off, it jostled the bolt and then it wiggled its way out..

I had a nut and lock washer that fit... all fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts