ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been wondering where i can get a piece like this.

if i can't find one for an appropriate price, i might consider fabricating my own, but really basic with no shift boot/ring. just carpet and a hole with the shift rod sticking up.

i want one like i've seen without any ashtray or power window buttons or anything, but this is the closest pic i could find...

lots of pics in my hyper rev but no scanner here...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
that's interesting.. it looks like the center console is still under there but it's carpetted. other miata's i've seen has taken out the console so there's just carpet.

that's a nice center stack too. where did you get the picture?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's interesting.. it looks like the center console is still under there but it's carpetted. other miata's i've seen has taken out the console so there's just carpet.

that's a nice center stack too. where did you get the picture?
yeah i can tell that there is more than just carpet involved in that fancy piece.

if i was to just remove my center consol and put some black carpet over the hump to cover everything, it would be about 2cm lower than that.

i got the pic from here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1426286

also just found another pic in the shift knob thread of this section:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like the Nakamae center console replacement. Rspeed sells them for NB's
http://www.rspeed.net/miata/item.asp?dept=8&cat=19&prod=531-004

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this myself. I want to take the whole plastic console out amd place carpet there instead. However, I still want a surround for the shifter.
thanks for the link

holy @#[email protected]#%(&^#(@$

reg price: $595.00

that settles it, i'd have to smoke a lot of crack before dropping 600 bones on a piece of carpet and a ring, and some other junk that i don't want in the way.

as soon as i figure out where im going to buy a yard of black carpet locally, you will see pics of the results. it won't be nearly as fancy, but it will get the job done for what i want: more arm room = less congested feeling interior.

i was thinking a new large black carpeted floor mat for a sedan or something would work out ok to use, after modifying of course.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yeah, the price is kinda nuts, but I bought one anyway because it matches my red LE carpet perfectly.

Underneath the carpet is a shell made of Fiberglass or FRP. Not positive which one.

Anyway, the carpet is top quality, as is the craftsmanship.

There have been several people on M.net that have made their own.

The pic above of the red interior is of my buddy (Phatmiata) Randy's car. He bought that Nakamae center console from Hector (mechanic at RSpeed), who had one custom made in the red vinyl with the puffy diamond pattern!! :shock:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info timallen,

i don't know why i didn't think of fiberglass.

after having 3 surfboards crushed by airlines, i got pretty good at working with fiber glass.

fun weekend project on the way, will put write up/pics in project section.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Yeah, I've been searching for a piece of carpet to cover the center console with, but I plan to use a piece of 3/4"-1" rubber to go underneath the carpet so my window control will sit flush with the carpet. I figure in the end, it will make the console look lower than the Nakamae one, but higher than one of a M2-1001. Not to mention it'll be semi-one-of-a-kind until I post pics and tell everyone else my idea.

Oh wait....I just did....oops....lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts