ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i've changed my boosting plan from turbo to super charged because of the overall reliability and less hassle. I was wondering if you guys had any recomondations for places where i could find new or used fairly inexpsensive kits for under 1500 i know i'm may be asking a lot but the google wasnt very helpfull and neither was ebay.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are a few in the classified section but the sellers are asking for a little out of my price range

and which sponsers sell s/c kits as far as i know there are really only 2 companies i can by from i think and thats Moss Motor and Jackson Racing other than that i have no idea

·
Registered
307 Posts
Most vendors are selling the same Moss or JR kits as sub-vendors. In your price range only a used M45 is in your future.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's fine I can live with a used kit from what I can tell seems like a lot of guys here have been selling them for less than what I'm asking.

But my other question is which kit would be better for my goal of 160+ whp?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9530 using Tapatalk

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
u'll be fine with the jrsc m45. I sold mine for 900 w/ 40k miles. Deals come and go, just keep an eye out.
Check out the classifieds here, on miata.net, and mazdaroadster.net.
Good luck, I miss my supercharger :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm extremely noob when it comes to s/c but is the MP45 different than the m45. Also I don't have very large power goals but what would be the next step up from the MP45 and what kind of power would that give me?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just so you have an idea, I know of a 1.6 that has the m45, TDR intercooler, link, and big boost pulleys and is at 185hp.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you want more you need the bigger sc (mp62)

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
Mp62 is probably outta ur price range, but like drift devil said, u can get a good amount of power out of the m45 w/ a few extras, and I'm pretty sure its still cheaper than the mp62

Actually, it might be about the same. If u have the funds, mp62 for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Hey guys i've changed my boosting plan from turbo to super charged because of the overall reliability and less hassle.
This is a joke right?

Just so you have an idea, I know of a 1.6 that has the m45, TDR intercooler, link, and big boost pulleys and is at 185hp.
Maybe 185 crank. 185whp is overspinning the **** out of that blower and is a terrible, terrible idea. Expect a cheap, belt eating 130whp out of a stock M45 kit and give up on upgrading it, there's no point.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is a joke right?

Maybe 185 crank. 185whp is overspinning the **** out of that blower and is a terrible, terrible idea. Expect a cheap, belt eating 130whp out of a stock M45 kit and give up on upgrading it, there's no point.

Sorry if I said something stupid but as of lately I've been getting the impression that sc is more reliable I could be wrong.

Second thing is with m45 I would only be making 130whp and I shouldn't bother with adding extras?

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Sorry if I said something stupid but as of lately I've been getting the impression that sc is more reliable I could be wrong.

Second thing is with m45 I would only be making 130whp and I shouldn't bother with adding extras?

Either one will be reliable if you set it up right. With a JRSC you pretty much need an aftermarket tensioner to avoid throwing belts. TDR makes the one you should buy. IMO the SC is a shorter install, but harder given screwing around with idle droop and belt alignment. Turbo involves drilling the pan and running more lines, but if you do it right the first time, it won't bother you again for a long time and it has a much better upgrade path than the SC.

Granted at anything over 130-140whp you're looking at a new clutch and probably a new rear end depending on how you drive it. If you can't afford that, then don't even bother.

That kit from Mikedeuce is an excellent choice for the price though. Fresh blower so you'll be good to go without any worries.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts