ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to look for the following wires under the steering column to tap into:

All time power supply
Accessory power
Illumination power supply

I have a 1994 in case its different.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
332 Posts
those all should be on your ignition harness.. i used those when i installed my alarm..i forgot what colors were there..but if you need some help pm me and i'll look under my dash for you

·
Registered
332 Posts
OK....constant 12 volt is white
ignition 1 is blue
...i dont know which illumination power are you talking about..but if it's the head light just trace the wire back into the dash and just tap into...the easiest way and time saving way is using quick splices...takes about 3 seconds to tap into a wire..have fun..ask me if you need anymore questions

·
Registered
332 Posts
oh yeah...umm those wires are kinda thick...what i did was i stripped the wire about an inch...i wrapped the thinner wire around it..binded with electrical tape with zip ties...it's better to solder so it wont become loose...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
colors would be great! I've been looking at this diagram for an hour and I don't know what to use! #-o

http://www.madracki.com/miata/images/wiring/94sys.pdf
!!! Speedstar, you just made me the happiest man right now.

I've been looking for exactly this document for days to figure out why i have a mystery red-wire floating on my radio harness. Where are you trying to grab power from? The dimmer switch? Behind the radio? Gimme a location, i'll give you a color.

[Edit: Why under the column? I can't find "steering column switch" in this doc.]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured under the column would be the easiest place since some of the Miatas had the MSSS which had different stereo plugs whether or not your car came with it.

I'm wiring up the Tein EDFC which I've been delaying alot. Instructions just call for 3 wires to connect and a ground.

I'll have to go pick up bigger wire taps from Radio Shack and give it a try. I'll let you guys know how it comes out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
bigger wire taps?..you mean the quick splices?..if you do that..you will need a thicker wire to for the other end..because if u use thinner gauage wire then it wont slice into it..know what i mean?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys I finished it all up. Test light prevailed in the end.

Thanks again!

Now I'm off to look for a DIN pocket with closing door.. any ideas anyone? I'll probably make another post for it though. :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts