ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i did a little searching and didn't find much. does anyone have blazer fog lights? if so how did you mount them? i made a bracket that seems to work pretty good. I'm able to adjust hight and direction, but not able to twist the housing. the cutoffs are slanted slightly.
also where are people mounting the fog lights in general. i haven't mounted them yet, going to do that tomorrow, but im looking at using the bumper reinforcement to bolt on to.

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
Re: where to mount blazer fog?

Can't remember his name or username but theres a guy on here whos installed a few projectors on his miata/protege. Ill just wait for him to chime in lol. Something like MP-X5? meh

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

fog light wire.

bracket mounted

off (light from the flash)

on

my custom fog light switch. sorry for the bad picture.

I'm able to adjust side to side and up and down just cant fix the slightly slanted cutoff. ill probably make better brackets some other time now that I know what I'm doing. i basically just used the first 2 i made and called it a day.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice... I always wanted to get a set of those fogs, I hear they do good with HID's. I kind of like fogs more when the lights are mounted farther apart.

Its hard to tell from the pic, where is that fog light wire located? Did you mount a separate switch of running them off the parking lights or something?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
you mean like this?

Or my previous Miata

But output still isn't perfect (It never will be since these foglights have more of a "bowl" cutoff than straight across

and here is a set on my Protege5 with 3000K hid's, they were mounted SLIGHTLY less "bowl" like but still not perfect

as to mounting them, on my previous miata i had to remove the baby teeth as well as do a little trimming to the bumper support for it to fit all the way to the edge of the mouth
As to wiring, they're currently run on the factory fog wiring, but i will be rewiring so as to turn them on or off w/o the parking lights being on

and yup, i'm a light whore, i've had these fog lights with HID's in both Protege5's as well as both Miatas

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just ran them from the stock fog wiring. i want to rewire them to run when i want them to and not just then low beams are on, but for now it will work. i wanted to get a picture of the wire just because i couldn't find one anywhere online. they just explained what it was.

i wanted to mount them closer to the edges of the grill, but i didn't trust the pre existing bolt holes that seemed to just be connected to the bumper cover and i didn't want to drill new holes. i would have used the bolts that hold the grill on but for the bracket i made it wouldn't have worked.

·
Registered
147 Posts

cool..I always wondered what the green/yellow wire was for, thanks.
It looks like your running off the stock fog wiring with no relay. Is that just live wire to green/yellow then find a ground and your done?
In the picture below did you just "hot wire" the switch connector to always on, or whats going on there?
Any chance these particular fogs could fit in the front turn signal area?
my custom fog light switch. sorry for the bad picture.
Sorry for all the questions, I been driving alot at night lately and even with ecodes, it kinda sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
i'm guessing he's just got a jumper on the connector so as soon as you turn on the parking lights, the fogs come on, so no switch to turn em off (How mine are currently, but i'd like the option of turning them off on dark highways because too much foreground light sucks and kills any distance vision)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I have Both positive wires connected to one which goes directly to the green yellow wire. Then just bolted the ground to a bolt. With the switch I did it that way to have it as if the switch was stuck on. I do want the switch but don't want to pay $50+

I still haven't driven with them in dark but I might try the 886 bulb. I believe it's a 50w bulb that will plug in. I still have to figure out if it is the same bulb just with 50w, But I think I'll be fine.

If anything I have the slot for the switch half off just so I can pull the wire off if I need to be able to see further. But that won't be that often

·
Registered
40 Posts
nice...I've heard of these but never seen them, what year blazers they come off of?
Blazer is the company who makes them not the car...They are used on many GM cars such as the corvette.

Also what is up with all of the ghetto mounting brackets? I just used the ones that came with the foglights.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Blazer is the company who makes them not the car...They are used on many GM cars such as the corvette.

Also what is up with all of the ghetto mounting brackets? I just used the ones that came with the foglights.
mine didnt come with any brackets...

i've got mine bolted to the plastic structure in the mouth of the bumper, no pics, sorry

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
i know if you buy from TheRetrofitSource, they don't include brackets, but the ebay seller Papsme does

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Really? I looked everywhere for brackets and couldn't find any. I'll have to send him a massage,

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess he won't sell the bracket separately. Anyone know anyone who does sell the bracket?

·
Registered
279 Posts
just keep tweaking your design until you find something that works for you

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Call up the guys from theretrofitsource and see if they might have it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts