ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was thinking about this on my way to work today. Which roadster would be more fun to drive? Also, has anyone here driven all these types?

V8 Roadster Vs. Turbo Roadster Vs. Supercharged Roadster Vs. IRTB (all motor) Roadster

Any comments?

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
dont do a V-8 miata unless you want to end up hating your car for about 6-12 months and are willing to spend more then you thought and tons of custom work on custom parts....

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Which roadster would be more fun to drive?
You'll get a 1000 different opinions from a 1000 different people. The simple matter is there is no "right" answer to your question. Some people like chocolate ice cream, others like Phish Food. There are literally hundreds of turbo vs. supercharger vs. _______ threads in the archives over at Miata.net for more reading on the (+) and (-) and ($) of the various setups. A better question to ask might be "Who lives in my area (where do you live?) that has a V8 or Turbocharged or Supercharged or ITBR (all motor) equipped Roadster that would be willing to take me for a ride and maybe even let me test drive?"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Who lives in my area (Irvine, CA) that has a V8 or Turbocharged or Supercharged or ITBR (all motor) equipped Roadster that would be willing to take me for a ride and maybe even let me test drive?

:)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hadn't planned on doing a V8 miata until after I had done a bunch of other fun projects and earned enough money to flush it down the toilet.

As for me I will be building a turbo miata first and shooting for about 300+ at the wheel (figure that should scratch my itch). Thats still not for another year or until I get a job that is not on par with Burger King. I was thinking that a 2 litre stroker with header, IRTB, ported & polished head, and link ECU would be a really nice "Next Roadster" to build.

But has anyone driven all these types of setups and what did you think of them?

By the way I am in North Alabama if anyone has one near me they would let me drive!!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
If I lived someplace like FL or TX where there are lots of freeways I might enjoy a big turbo car most. If I had a 1.8L motor and could get used to the belt whine I might consider a M62 based supercharger for this same purpose. I've driven numerous V8 MGBs and if I could get my Miata to bark like my friend's AC Aceca with a 289 exhaling through 2" pipes I might enjoy that most. If I had a million miles of twisty roads at my doorstep I'm pretty certain I would enjoy IRTBs most. That settles it - I need to build 4 Miatas.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
hey man we got a v8 in the works in hattiesburg and i got some stuff in the works if you want to come check it out....nothing is running yet though.

·
3,857 Posts
I don't agree with the above...the v8 roadster are a lot of fun...of course everything depends on how good is the modification...
I'll pick any day that LS2 laguna blue from m.net over any other roadster...of course the cost is not similar...

From the rest of the roadster I would prefer a SCed one...I believe the SC torque and response is what I want...

·
Registered
332 Posts
actually it's up to the person in general. some people want massive torque just pulling them and feeling their eye lids open even more..some people like that turbo spool and that pull at high end...some people like the sound that itb's makes plus it's super quick throttle.. imo itbs on a miata is quite rare since not that much people have it here in the states..and since fuji racing's miata already broke into the 13's with just an itb kit with stock internals..i'm pretty sure it can hit low 12's or high 11's with a fully built motor . and thats already super fast when you think about it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, This is not helping me at all. Now Im going to have to buy a second miata to do an IRTB swap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts