ClubRoadster.net banner

Which Bride should I get?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am one click away from purchasing a bucket seat...

I know that I will be getting Bride seats, but I am not sure which one exactly should I get.

Here are some pros and cons I have saw from some researching...

Bride EXAS III
Pros: small seat, will definitely fit without touching the door side panel.
Cons: some says it is less comfortable than VIOS III, not-FIA-approved. Not Low-Max.

Bride VIOS III
Pros: Some says it is more comfortable and can be a daily seat. FIA-approved.
Cons: bigger seat, might be touching the door panel. Might be harder to centered?

So there are some burning questions I have... and I really would like to get a confirmed answer.

1. For the VIOS III, if it is centered to the steering wheel, does the shoulder touch the door panel? I am not talking about squishing, I am just talking about touching.

2. Is the VIOS III FIA-approved? how important is a seat being FIA-approved?

3. Anyone sat in both seat can comment about how comfortable they are comparing EXAS and VIOS?

I am a very skinny guy so it shouldn't be a problem fitting in them... Thanks roadster peeps!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why?

Also, what are you using the car for?
I get down to Bride because I have done quite a bit of research on what seats might fit me and what might not... I need a slim fit because I am really skinny.. and those 2 seems like it... and I like the Bride black logo look...

I use the car as a summer car, so I should be dailying it. I also want to go to AutoX events and some track days with it too.

i voted but your limited options were stupid. It was like voting for the president of the US
Sorry for the limited options... I don't really want to narrow it down so I don't postpone this any further... The more options, the harder for me to make decision and more I suffer haha..

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Buddy Club P1 for half the price. Fits skinny dudes perfectly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those who vote for the VIOS III... can you comment on the question about the seat shoulder touching the door panel?

·
Registered
508 Posts
hmmmmmm. Well.

I would make sure to go sit in the seats before purchasing, you want to make sure you're nice and snug or it'll defeat the purpose of the seat. Also making sure your shoulders fit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmmmmm. Well.

I would make sure to go sit in the seats before purchasing, you want to make sure you're nice and snug or it'll defeat the purpose of the seat. Also making sure your shoulders fit.
I am actually not able to find any Bride EXAS here to sit in... (welcome to Canada)

But I have sit in a Bride VIOS rep before and it fits okay (welcome to Canada, again..)

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
As long as your seats come in a box like this, you're okay with me. Let me know if you want to check prices.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As long as your seats come in a box like this, you're okay with me. Let me know if you want to check prices.

I hope it does... what do you mean by check prices? do you sell them as well?

op i can get you a used vios III if you are interested
I am really hoping someone to answer my burning question about whether the VIOS shoulder touches the door panel, before I consider that seat...

·
Administrator
15,155 Posts
I don't remember that these are actually FIA rated anymore.

The real answer to your question is: Whichever seat you sat in for an extended period of time and found comfortable.

Neither seat is "better." They're both swagtastic jdm fanboi stuff at 2-3x the price of quality race seats that the rest of us use.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Neither seat is "better." They're both swagtastic jdm fanboi stuff at 2-3x the price of quality race seats that the rest of us use.
Not sure if 2-3x the price is accurate. I've yet to find anything worth purchasing let alone sit in for under the $700 threshold. That basically limits you to Corblows, Sprints and metal bondage devices.

I guess people like those?

·
Administrator
15,155 Posts
Not sure if 2-3x the price is accurate. I've yet to find anything worth purchasing let alone sit in for under the $700 threshold. That basically limits you to Corblows, Sprints and metal bondage devices.

I like bondage.

Also: FX1 Pro good enough for Targa Miata, good enough for me.

·
Ricer in Disguise
1,127 Posts

You can spend under 800 bucks and a get a couple super nice containment seats BTW. Momo has 2, and if you catch a sale you can find a couple sparcos as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Oh hey FFD! Good stuff!

Anyways... ya I am pretty set on the bride seats... I have a Sparco Sprint I just sold. Please let me pamper myself with a Bride seat... it is my birthday, like actually it is today.

Now can everyone calm down and answer me whether the VIOS III shoulder touch the door panel...?:suicide:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts