ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get these wheel locks but I'm not quite sure what should be the proper size for the miata, please see below:
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/products/?sfID1=259&sfID2=261

The stock wheel nuts I think they barely fit (check picture) so probably I don't need the super thin lug nuts...but on the other hand they won't hurt, right?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bill, (and everyone else of course 8) ) I'm looking for wheel locks and after some extensive research I found that gorilla has the very best!
It's almost impossible to remove the wheels w/o the key, because the have a Free-spinning sleeve with super narrow groove!

So I want to see what's the miata size for the wheels locks
They have

·
Registered
261 Posts
i got my wheel lugs when i ordered my sportmaxx's from www.performancewheel.com
iirc around 20 dollars and i got a set of gorrila splines, and a key.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FYI, wheel locks are a waste of time, IMO. I've ran them in the past, and now chose not to use them.. I am just careful where I park.

Wheel locks can be removed with ease if you know how - nothing a socket and a hammer wont fix.

As for what brand, any reputable brand like Gorolla or McGaurd lugnuts work. I use Gorilla Spline Drive with open ends. Gorilla lugnuts are good quality, but buy some extra keys just incase. I had a few of them break in the past (dont ask, idiots at alignment shop like to use impact tools with everything).

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I don't think that the Gorilla wheel locks are a waste of money!

I'm very happy with them and for $20 I have an added safety for my wheels.

Wheel locks can be removed with ease if you know how - nothing a socket and a hammer wont fix.

That's not true for the gorillas since they have sleeve with super narrow groove!

So it would be way harder...

·
Registered
211 Posts
gorilla spline drive (small diam) lug nuts are at the very most a slight step above a standard nut.

for one I think they all use the same spline pattern. I had a few sets that came with the same number on the sticker. uhh...

for two, a 17mm wrench actually slips on pretty snugly--though it would likely slip.

the ones maxpower posted may be better, but who knows?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts