ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here too =) Though, I signed up a while ago when I bought the car in late 2010. You all have been soo helpful!

I found this car on craigslist to replace my commuter, and I immediately loved it- but had to get performance tires (they were super old), a Flyin Miata suspension kit (shocks were done), and an OEM hardtop (much better visibility!).

So after all that, it took me a while then to do what I really wanted to do with it... install a roll bar so I could bring it out on the track! XD. I might have gone a little overboard- but I absolutely love it. Pics below- its a 10 point cage in bright pearly lime green with race seats & 6-pt harnesses.

Anyways, HI! I'm Jenn.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice. How are your seats mounted? Stock rails?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Another beautiful piece by Moti.

Will we be seeing you in MC or the other miata series?
Yes, we are planning on doing MC with SV soon. I need to do a few more things mechanically- already got the new clutch and shifter in- cant wait to try those on track too!

Nice. How are your seats mounted? Stock rails?
Nope- my husband welded custom steel rails in that have multiple weld nuts & the seats are bolted down to that. Even though we did allow for a few seat positions in the rails- we only made one set of seat to harness bar mounts. & that seating position is for me only!.. others have to squeeze in :blaugh:

Welcome aboard

Wow! Hi Jenn, looks like you're ready to rock and roll at the track - are you going to Miatas at MRLS? Moti's doing some great work. I love the lime green too.

Chris
Oooo- dont know if Im there yet. If PS3 Gran Turismo tells me anything about how I would drive at Laguna Seca- :eek: its not pretty! (maybe I could use more virtual practice) We'll see. Im much more comfortable with Streets of Willow & Buttonwillow track days at the moment.

Thanks - the lime looks even better in the sun!

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
MRLS is way easier in person, IMHO. Of course the corkscrew is a bit crazy the first time. But just get an experienced person to ride with you, to point out which tree to aim for, and it's easy! (That sounds weird but it's true!) The track is such a smooth connection of turns, it flows soooo well. The Miata event is great because they have a group for every experience level and also are doing parade laps during lunch, I believe both days. $45 is the entry as a "participant", I believe, which would allow you to participate in the parade laps. I think that's cool.

Anyhoo, thanks for introducing yourself and I wish you nothing but the best for your new racing career! We need more of us gals out there. ;)

Chris

·
Registered
412 Posts
my husband welded custom steel rails in that have multiple weld nuts & the seats are bolted down to that. Even though we did allow for a few seat positions in the rails- we only made one set of seat to harness bar mounts. & that seating position is for me only!.. others have to squeeze in :blaugh:

Thanks for info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts