ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car has white smoke out the exhaust while I'm driving, and when my car back fires it let's a big cloud of white smoke out. The smokes has a weird smell to it but I'm not sure what very burnt smoking oil smells like.

1. Not a head gasket, coolant is clean, oil is black, and compression is good.

2. Turbo seals are good, how do I know? I used stop leak!, or because the turbo isn't spitting oil when I took the exhaust off.

Only thing I can think of is that, my oil catch can wasn't working (stock msm catch can)
witch was shooting oiling into my intercooler and all the pipes, also noticed my bov was shooting the oil out. So all the oil was being sucked in and let out the exhaust and has built up in my exhaust system.

I have now fixed the catch can and no oil is in the pipes anymore, but it still has the white smoke.

Could it just be the oil caked in my exhaust system?

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
You know a cracked headgasket doesn't always leak oil into the coolant and vice-versa.

You could be having a problem with headlift

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head lift doesn't happen at normal driving or idle.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
you ran stop leak through the turbo? wat?

White smoke that smells weird is typically coolant in your combustion chambers. How about changing your oil right now and getting a used oil analysis done? That will really tell you what is in your oil.

Really your next move should be Comp test and/or leakdown stat plz

·
red?
1,239 Posts
Why would you put Stop Leak in your turbo... or anything, for that matter? It's bad stuff. :(

White smoke = water. It doesn't really sound like an oil problem.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People I was joking about the stop leak.

Compression check has been done

oil change had been done

Radiator pressure text has been done

The car runs fine no noticeable power loss.

Just lots of white smoke

A/f ratio is good also

I'm sure it's just all the oil the my engine was burning up and went into the exhaust, and now it's just being burnt out.

My car was eating 1 quart of oil a week.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My uncle was behind me today, he said it's a blue white color

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coolant level stays the same and is a nice gold color

·
Registered
638 Posts
Just lots of white smoke

My car was eating 1 quart of oil a week.

by chance were your tires spinning while this happens?... It could be your tires...:blaugh:

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Mighta solved my problem also. haha Think mine is going through the same thing right now. What was wrong with your catch can?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mighta solved my problem also. haha Think mine is going through the same thing right now. What was wrong with your catch can?
The oil wasn't draining back into the oil pan, it was being sucked through the air filter and in the turbo. I caped off the tube that let's the oil into the turbo.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
by chance were your tires spinning while this happens?... It could be your tires...:blaugh:
Looks like I left one problem out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts