ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the risk of sounding like an 8 year old, does anyone have any pictures of miatas with white tyre writing on their tyres.

im really into the race car look but not sure if i should do it or not?

cheers

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was reading about white walls and white writting on tires a little while back; IIRC most tires are made with white rubber in the sidewall still, but its been covered up by the black rubber, for reasons I dont really know, but if you look up what brands it is you could sand the letters so that theyre white instead of chalk or paint..... I think

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Mine have lasted pretty well. I did it last... February? It was cold enough that I brought them into the house and sat on the living room floor to do it. I've since touched them up once.

But it DID take a long time to do each tire. A long time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine have lasted pretty well. I did it last... February? It was cold enough that I brought them into the house and sat on the living room floor to do it. I've since touched them up once.

But it DID take a long time to do each tire. A long time.

Adam, what did you use? Your's look about the best.

I've heard that you can buy some pretty effective paint from Harley dealers, although from what I've read the VERY best stuff comes from some guy in Iceland.

-Jason

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I'm debating doing this to my tires. I would do it if I had Azenis cause they have bigger letters, but my ZIEX are pretty weaksauce, and my car is Merlot , haha any opinions?

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I am about to paint my Kelly generals so everyone knows my rubbers be tight.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts