ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have been searching for a few weeks for a steering wheel hub and a quick release. I have decided on getting an NRG wheel and the RSpeed Plug and Play hub. I just order both. Now I am looking for a quick release to go with this combo. I want a "slim" quick release. I was looking at the FET quick release, but I dont want to spend 200 bucks. Then I found the Techniq Auto quick release, which looks pretty thin and I have heard good things, but it is still 160 bucks. Now I am looking at the spline drive quick release from PandaGarage.com. It looks thin and seems to be pretty simple. Best thing is that it is only 85 bucks. There is also the NRG slim quick release, but I havent found anyone that sells them except a seller on Ebay and that makes me second quess that setup. Does anyone have any of these quick releases with their RSpeed Hub?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the Dakei PnP hub, my friend at home hasn't installed it yet. He has one on his car though, and seems to think its easy to install and such. THis site has nice prices on wheels and QR Kits too if your interested
http://shop.vendio.com/crowderscustomizing/

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the Deikei hub does work with a quick release. I read somewhere that it doesn't work with a quick release. Im looking at the Teknique quick release or the one from Panda Garage. I am going to have to do some more research before I decide.

·
Registered
668 Posts
All splines will have "some" play in them.. fyi.
That's usually the price difference between spline and positive type releases.

Mine is momo, ok miata release.. the "hub" is just a aluminum spacer really.. instead of buying two seperate parts including a $200+ wheel this seemed like the easiest route..
ps, and it's not your normal "ribbed" hub which I think look kinda odd in most interiors.
Mine has the factory surround in place still.

Only pic I have: http://gallery.competitiveparts.com/albums/Trackn/Seat_005.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well do to the lack of info on the Panda Garage quick release and the thought of "some" play in it, I think I am going to go with the Technique Auto quick release. It seems to be the best (security wise) for the price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FWIW Im running the Dakei hub with a 1.25" billet spacer. Perfect position without the silliness of running a quick release on a street car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts