ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am planning on going if just for a few runs.
I (actually 91Eunos) have huge logistical problems ahead to make it happen.
I *should* fly to the ATL pick up my car from R*Speed with the new rebuilt motor installed, and do some swaps with Rob's car-suspension, seat, etc then drive to Ohio to visit the family.
All this on my 15 day mid-tour leave from Iraq.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We are definately going up there, probably going to head up there on thursday or friday early so we can get some runs in before the traffic arrives. Also I know that we will be busy talking to folks through the weekend. We will also be helping our local club sell T-shirts up there, which will pretty much kill the weekend for driving.

Where is everyone staying?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I will be there! I'm heading out on Thursday. I'm looking for people to drive with. I'll be passing through Richmond on the way.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Don't waste your race tires Kungfu, the road is really not perfect enough for them. Besides all you'll do is over heat cycle them once you get going. DOT tires will be just fine for the Dragon... trust me.

My friend Brad totally finished off a set of Kuhomo MX's (about 1/2 tread life to start) tires. I'll post before and after pics... We decided to learn how to fein drift one night on the lower part of the mountain... man that was fun (little dangerous...) But we used his 1990 NA ,less power than my car.. but we still screwed his tires pretty bad.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Don't waste your race tires Kungfu, the road is really not perfect enough for them. Besides all you'll do is over heat cycle them once you get going. DOT tires will be just fine for the Dragon... trust me.

My friend Brad totally finished off a set of Kuhomo MX's (about 1/2 tread life to start) tires. I'll post before and after pics... We decided to learn how to fein drift one night on the lower part of the mountain... man that was fun (little dangerous...) But we used his 1990 NA ,less power than my car.. but we still screwed his tires pretty bad.
erm...thanks, but i'll bring them anyway. why waste them in a parking lot at an autocross? it's fun drafting pointy miatas through the corners in a FWD car, like last year. :lol: my wife will enjoy them on the miata if she's boosting too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
DRFTMX5, I'm in the DC area and I've been debating whether I should go. I don't want to make the trip alone (it's long) and I don't know where to stay. Where are you staying at? I think ragtopgirl on the MATGX forum says she's coming down from PA to meet some people along the way... I was hoping to join her caravan if there is one.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Im making plans to go. I need a place to stay. Where is everybody making reservations and for how much a night?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi again guys...

Well if you don't make reservations about a year ahead of time, its pretty hard to get a room. So just like last year, I will have a camp site at Fontana Dam... There's more than enough room on the site for a few tents, cost is only $15 a night. I'd be happy to split a site with a few of you guys. I'm meeting up with my friend Brad who has a 1990 NA, he's driving down w/ ragtopgirl. If you guys want more details about my plans for the trip PM me... I don't want to tie up the whole forum with my travel plans.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I'll get back to you on that tent site. Member Lub2turn mentioned about that.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rich - you and your dad still at the lodge? Not sure if the stairs/hill issue got resolved.

Also - we need to do a rJDM.net picture....I think we did one of all Laguna's not too long ago? Rich - you have this pic from circa 2000, no?
Yeah, dad and I are staying at the lodge. We traded rooms with Dan from Ride Rage, so no stairs.

I have the Laguna pic upstairs. I'll have to scan that in and post it...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.