ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I took my wife out to dinner. Then came outside and found some @#$% had backed into the car. He left a note, but a bad phone #. So now I'm on the hook for deductible because someone else couldn't fess up to their mistake honestly. My poor LS...:fp:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think everyone knows the feeling man. There are only a few flaws on my car that were actually caused by my own carelessnes, the rest by others.
Best of luck resolving the matter!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
its no better than putting a dent in ur car urself. I swept out my garage..went to pull my car back in and ran over the bristles. causing the broom to come flying up and put a dent in the front fender ha

·
Old Threads > New Threads
618 Posts
I wouldn't even be able to be mad at myself if that happened, I'd be too busy laughing

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Haha I think I'd be mad at first but laugh afterwards. I dodged a bullet once by driving over a 2by4 that flew just inches from my mirror, I laughed then :p!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I never think about it till I wash my car b/c its a small dent. Then I get to it and say god Im an idiot.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just consider yourself very lucky that's all the damage it did. My roommates 2000 Civic Si got backed into 2 nights ago and it crunched his hood, bumper, grille, and radiator pretty badly.. The person who did it left no note or anything.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I never think about it till I wash my car b/c its a small dent. Then I get to it and say god Im an idiot.
Lol yeah i can see that. Last week my battery dislodged itself from its brace because I was driving like an idiot.
It slammed agains the inside of the quarter panel and now there's an outwards dent in it!
Stupid stupid stupid :p.

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
its no better than putting a dent in ur car urself. I swept out my garage..went to pull my car back in and ran over the bristles. causing the broom to come flying up and put a dent in the front fender ha

·
Registered
630 Posts
I barely tapped someone's POS in the lot once, and I couldnt walk away without leaving them a note and my contact info. I never heard from them.
Leaving a note with _bad_info? That is just weird. Maybe they had their phone shut off temporarily for not paying their bill?
Some people just can't accept responsibility... and karma is a bitch goddess.
I was rear ended once when it was really icy about 2 years ago. The guy had a really nice new F250 and it did nothing to his truck. I told the guy not to worry about it because my cherokee rear bumper was pretty beat anyway. He insisted I give him my number so he could make it up to me somehow. I never heard from him.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
karma is a bitch goddess.
+1 on this I've honestly been trying for several years to make sure I keep good karma because some of the dumbest things have happen to me it's not even cool.

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
That sucks man. People need to take responsibility. My dad "kinda" had the same thing happen yesterday. One of his coworkers was backing a Merc S class out of the bay and backed into the trailer hitch on my dads truck and destroyed the back bumper on the Mercedes. He parked it facing the opposite way and never said anything. My dads boss confronted my Dad about it asking if he backed his truck into it. My dad said he saw what happened and told the boss. The boss then asked he other guy and he denied it. They had to look at the camera to see what happened. Stupid people I tell ya.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts