ClubRoadster.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

2,798 Posts
Why do NA's have a line that runs all the way around the body?
Go ask someone from M.net, I'm sure they will give you a detailed account and even the name of the designer that thought of it.

Are you just showing off your new signature pic? :roll:

· Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah not showing off my new sig. :D

I was looking at the ride height thread and suddenly noticed the line. I thought it looked a bit weird compared to my characterless NB.

xn7 are you threatening me?

· Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no your nb is threatening you ;)

na lines add stability when cornering, at speed, and esp in the rain :mrgreen:
My NB is getting some better safety equipment because of its threateningness and its endless corners.

I did some quick research and found that when the NA line is properly tuned it can reduce drag and yield up to a metric ton of downforce.

· Registered
551 Posts
sorry but line tuning is ridiculous they're already tuned for high performance from factory and setting them to anything other than stock can have dire consequences.

yes a metric ton that also shows how durable and rigid the miata chassis is to be able to withstand such forces.

3,858 Posts
Most of the cars have these lines to make a future bodywork more cost efficient...

· Registered
280 Posts
Btw, the paint below the line on the sides is a bit different - that rough looking gravel guard. A body shop owner told me that this way they can redo the gravel guard portion, repaint/blend it without repainting the whole door

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.