ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to give my car an oil change today, but the previous owner must have used air tools or something, because I couldn't get the damn bolt off even with a breaker bar.

I don't know why I let my dad help me, but he placed a jack under the middle of my car. when I went inside the house to grab something and when I came out, the front end was jacked up. He placed the jack in a place you're not supposed to...

Long story short, He bent something and now I need to replace it.

Can someone please identify what this is for me?

I'm pretty sure whatever it's attached to is bent too... Is that replaceable?
Do I Need to replace these things?

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you do want to replace it, since it does act as a brace, call planet miata or partsgroup. I'm sure they'll have one. I'd want to replace it.

I'd take the car to a shop, pay for an oil change, and let them deal with it. It's MUCH easier to break things free with a lift and the car at eye level.

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 for planetmiata. always has the parts you need. btw try putting more relevant titles so in the event someone is wondering about the same thing, it'll come up in search. (if they search)

·
Registered
75 Posts
So envious of west coast cars. I could only dream of a car that clean underneath. Brand new cars are lucky to look that good in Ohio

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
My first oil change with the Miata I had to use a jack to push the ratchet counter clockwise to break the drain bolt free.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
uhh, if you bent that subframe brace, its likely you might have bent your subframe. I am not exactly sure, because this is the first time I have ever seen someone jack the car up from that subframe bar.

Yea...bent subframe because of oil change...ridiculous!

Seems unlikely, as the bar will crush before bending the frame, but its all dependent on if the bar is bent beyond the crushing. May want to investigate if you ask me ;)

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
"if you bent that subframe brace, its likely you might have bent your subframe."
"seems unlikely sice the bar will crush before bending the frame"

Lulz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts