ClubRoadster.net banner

Konig Wideopen of Flatout?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna hear you're opinions. I'm kinda torn between the Konig Wideopen, and the Konig Flatout. Probably gonna get one of the two but it's so damn hard to decide. Both 15x8, with a +25 offset. I think i like the look of the Wideopen more, but it weighs more at about 13.6 lbs, and requires a decent fender roll. The Flatouts I think look pretty good, but not as good as the Wideopens, yet are lighter at about 12.4 lbs. and apparently if going on an NB (which is what they'd go on) don't require a fender roll if you run about -1.5 degrees of camber. If you have either let me know what you think. And if you hate both please keep it to yourself. I don't care if you don't like them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
if they both have the same wheel specs + same tires, why would one need a fender roll and the other not need one?

either way, i vote flatout, Im getting a set. And curvature of the spokes on the wideopen bugs me

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
if they both have the same wheel specs + same tires, why would one need a fender roll and the other not need one?

either way, i vote flatout, Im getting a set. And curvature of the spokes on the wideopen bugs me
So who's the chick in your avatar?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if they both have the same wheel specs + same tires, why would one need a fender roll and the other not need one?QUOTE]

Not sure exactly. I don't know if its just how the wheel is made or what. That's just what it says on Goodwin Racing's website. They say the Wideopen needs a fender roll and all it says with the Flatouts is that if they're going on an NB they'll plug and play as long as you have -1.5 degrees of camber. Not sure what the difference is if there actually is any at all.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
An inch is an inch, and a mm is a mm. They will fit the same. Use your head.

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
Same wheel specs means theyll fit EXACTLY the same.

Girl in my avatar is "bryci" just google it, first result.
Oh I know bryci lol, just didnt look like her (the pic is rather small)

sorry to thread hijack

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An inch is an inch, and a mm is a mm. They will fit the same. Use your head.
That's a dangerous thing sometimes. Lol! Yeah I kinda figured both will fit the same. And either could fit just fine or need a fender roll. Just see when I get em.

·
DopePhresh™
1,104 Posts
flatouts are EXACT replicas of ce28n. every degree of curvature in the spokes and the design is 100% replica. the only difference is it says RAVs instead of RAYS on the wheels. they are GREAT light weight wheels and when an 18 wheeler hit my wheel it bent and didn't crack.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i voted flatouts just to make the poll 50-50 and they look better

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I like them both, but the Flatout wins it for me. Why? Easier to clean. Hahaha! Less sharp angles that are a pain to clean. The spokes blend right into the upper lip & hub area.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts