ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the widest wheels people have put on a slammed NA? Is there anything in the way that limits wheel width aside from the fender?

Could use a little insight, because I don't actually have a Miata yet.

But I do have some wheels...

14x8.5 et6 / 14x10 et8

thanks! hoping to pick up a 95 Merlot Mica soon.

this cars pretty wide. 10's?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
What are the widest wheels people have put on a slammed NA? Is there anything in the way that limits wheel width aside from the fender?

Could use a little insight, because I don't actually have a Miata yet.

But I do have some wheels...

thanks! hoping to pick up a 95 Merlot Mica soon.

this cars pretty wide. 10's? fender work?
Just look at those fenders... They are pulled and rolled to all hell.

Asking about wheel width without mentioning the offset is a pointless question. The largest wheel I have seen unflared was a 15x10 -25et with a really stretched tire (~195/45/15?)and extreme fender work like on that white car pictured.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, just put up wheel specs!

and thanks, had them on this for a while before my company lost all it's business:

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Those will fit, front will be easy. Rear will need a good roll and pull, really depends on what tires. You'll need something pretty stretched out back and not too tall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the tires on them too fat? i wouldn't want to stretch any more than what they are. They have 195/45's in front and 225/40's in the back IIRC. I'm also a moron and originally said they were 15's... they're 14's. christ, i haven't looked at them in too long -_-

i'm definitely not looking to do fender work and paint work, it just isn't in my budget. if it can be done with a heat gun and a fender roller i can do that... but as far as welding/painting go, no dice :(

these are 1 of 2 sets of these wheels in the country and the only set this size; it's a shame i'm probably going to have to sell them if i can't get them to fit without having to do fender work.

the red car just required me to notch and weld the rear beam.

thanks for help!

·
Slammin' Ho's.
1,476 Posts
Just look at those fenders... They are pulled and rolled to all hell.

Asking about wheel width without mentioning the offset is a pointless question. The largest wheel I have seen unflared was a 15x10 -25et with a really stretched tire (~195/45/15?)and extreme fender work like on that white car pictured.
The above NA was 15x10 -25 on 225/45's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have 15x10 -25 all 'roud. I had to pull and roll the **** out of my rear fenders. i plan on getting flares soon anyways.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Echonova, apologies for my newbiness.

Is your miata the one I've seen rocking widened steelies? 13x10??? that has to be the hardest stance on a Miata, correct? I haven't heard of specs that would bring one so low and wide.

You have some serious balls, guy. My roads up here are WAY too shitty for that.

did you or leyesaaa have any comments on the ride height and stuff? do you guys rub a ton, have to do anything else to get them to fit? does the handling decrease significantly?

Just looking to see how it effects the car, I'm either rocking my 14's and slamming it or will sell them and do something less slammed with something like 15x8.5" RS's all around.

insight on what flares these are? I'm assuming you cut the hidden part of the fender before mounting these, correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, I meant this one. Hes on 15x10 -25 225/45's all around.
yeah, as soon as you mentioned the 15's i knew what you were talking about, but haven't seen either car enough to really tell which is which.

and it looks like we got some copycats with that mustache... :p

·
Registered
272 Posts
Echonova, apologies for my newbiness.

Is your miata the one I've seen rocking widened steelies? 13x10??? that has to be the hardest stance on a Miata, correct? I haven't heard of specs that would bring one so low and wide.

You have some serious balls, guy. My roads up here are WAY too shitty for that.

did you or leyesaaa have any comments on the ride height and stuff? do you guys rub a ton, have to do anything else to get them to fit? does the handling decrease significantly?

Just looking to see how it effects the car, I'm either rocking my 14's and slamming it or will sell them and do something less slammed with something like 15x8.5" RS's all around.

insight on what flares these are? I'm assuming you cut the hidden part of the fender before mounting these, correct?
Maybe I gave you the wrong impression... That car isn't mine. However it was a local guy around here. But to the best of my knowledge the wheels didn't rub except under parking lot type hard turns.

(I'm in this picture somewhere like Waldo)

However, heavily stanced cars rarely handle well. Not saying it can't be done, but seldom do people take the time to do it right. It's usually slap wide wheels on a car slammed with cut springs that rides like hammered ass that scrapes it you turn the wheel the slightest bit and you're a internet sensation.

I prefer my Miata to actually handle, it's half the reason I bought it.

I would do the 15" not slammed idea... But that's just me. I dunno about 8.5" wide. But 15x8 +25 offset with a 205/55/15 tire fit with absolutely no rubbing issues after just a slight roll.

You want slammed, buy a mini-truck. That's what I did...

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
So when are you lowering the truck?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts