ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has been discussed before. i tried searching, but couldnt find any kind of answer..
My buddy has a 93 rx-7 but it has sparco seats for both sides and his stock black leather seats are sitting in his garage collecting dust. Im hoping he'll give them to me, but im wondering if they fit. is it a bolt in affair, or does it take alot of modification? once again, sorry if this has been covered, im still kinda new to the miata game

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
On the same note (not meaning to hijack but I don't want to start a new thread) is there a list of drop-in seats for the Miata?

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
i took this pic back in sevenstock '03 (pic is dated 11/27/03) in front of mazda corporate building in redhill. i dont know whom this roadster belongs to, but i noticed the FD seats and i just had to take a pic 8)
sorry, i wish i could answer your question about fitment... i'd like to know also
its a bit difficult to see, but its a pair of FD seats with that seat belt strap on the upper side of the seat

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, thats them for sure. I'll probably just take em out to test fit em so i can answer everyones questions

·
Registered
605 Posts
The FD floorpan is different enough that the seats with rails won't work.

But if you unbolt the rails from the seats it probably isn't hard. In fact aside from the floor mounting tabs, the FD rails look exactly like the OE Miata rails I've seen.

Hell, the bottom seat cushion looks the same as the NA seat, only the backrest really looks different. I do like that the FD has a slot in the headrest wide enough for harnesses, and that seat belt guide strap, though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote="EndlessCorners @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:31 pm
Meh FD people are really weird. All their parts are pretty valuable so they are sensitive to people messing with them. IIRC good condition FD seats will go for $250 easily.[/quote]

he's not really a "FD person" lol. he bought the car fully built off our teamate for 7500!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts