ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not to savy in terms of what works and will not work for the NB.

So as the topic says im wondering if the sportmaxs, 15x8 or 15x7 will fit on my miata. They have a 0 offset and my NB is lowered and because of the icehawk alignment it has a lot of negative camber.

thoughts ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you look at my thread u can see them on a Na
They will work on a NB

A couple things you need neg camber to help with fitment and rubbing, you need to atleast roll your fenders and preferablly pull them, you need to get rid of your fender liners and you need to be low...but it can be done

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info, I read the thread about your car and It inspired me to look at some black ones for my NB.

Im assuming fender rolling wont be to hard.

However im just wondering if this would be a smart choice for a daily driver

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
any wheel with a big lip that isnt forged is gonna break like that.

now a work or SSR wheel might fair better, but thats what you get when you pay over 3x the price.

·
3,857 Posts
The sportmax are very lightweight (14lbs only for a 15x8 wheel is really good) and if they are acombined with a 195-50 tire the combo is light with enough sidewall for everyday driving...

Furthermore are cheap and easy to replace in case you break them :)

BTW Many people had problems (with bend/broken rims) with the SSR (there was even a webpage dedicated to these problems!!!) and of course they cost 3x of the sportmax

·
3,857 Posts
The fit very good, you have to roll the fenders
RusMan you miata is the most beautiful NB I've ever seen =D>
You are making me thing again if I doing right by selling my Sportmax for the Rota PDC #-o

PS The picture became right away my wallpaper for the month :mrgreen:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics and Info everyone.

Im really going to look into getting a set of sportmaxes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That broken wheel is also mine :x Yes it fell apart but I'm still saying that they're great rims, how hard I hit that curb no rim would've survived, yes the more expensive mabye wouldn't split like that but it will rip out your suspension, and I'd rather replace a wheel, which is very cheap, than order a new expensive wheel and a whole new suspension. I very highly recommend this wheel to anyone.

·
Registered
534 Posts
yes, alot of guys drive them

however i have my car so low right now my 15x7s are rubbing the insides of my fenders, woo me!
I am also very low right now, 11" from center of the wheel to the top of the fender. My tires tuck about 1/2inch under the fender, I rub but not very much, only when cornering hard and running over a bump in the road or something.

Ohh and mx5 dude, make sure you buy 15x8 and not 15x7 because 15x7rims have +38offset which is really high and looks horrible :!:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once again thanks for the info guys !

I cant tell you how much this is helping me right now.

So looks like I might be placing an order for a set of 15x8

what is the width of the tire ? 205 ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm running 195/50/15 tire right now, I haven't tried but I think 205 is possible if you pull the fender enough and have more negative camber.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Once again thanks for the info guys !

I cant tell you how much this is helping me right now.

So looks like I might be placing an order for a set of 15x8

what is the width of the tire ? 205 ?
def go with a 195 man, you wont loose any contact patch from a 195 vs 205 on 8 inch wide wheel. Since thats a very mild stretch and it will just pull the sidewalls down a bit. Before this I was running 205's on a 7 inch wide and had way less traction.

I am 10.5 inches....very low
Yes I dont have a MB but I am also running pulled fenders
You will not regret believe me. Yes it will take more work but you wont be sacrificing for some wimpy offset and sizes and in the end you will be satisfied and have no regrets =D>

·
Registered
71 Posts
youyr 195/50 on an 8 is gripping more than a 205/50 on a 7? same tire?

because i run 205s on a 7 and am afraid of losing grip going to a 195.
Yep it is,
You will loose grip going to a 195 from a 205 on a 7
But I gained grip from a 205 on a 7inch to 195 on a 8 inch. Im stretching the rubber over a wider surface area thus more contact patch

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well damnit !!!

I just bought a set of new Azenis two weeks ago. 205/50/15.

theres no way im going to get these sport maxs now because I wont have the damn $$$ to buy new tires !!!

:(

·
Supporting Member
612 Posts
I bought a set of these wheels about 2 months ago and was very impressed by the look and weight of them. I rolled (not sure if thats what your refering too by pulling them) and couldn't get them to fit with maxing out the camber. Now.. I did have 205/50/15 (i belive 205's for sure) Nitto Neogens which could have been the problem. I was going to order some 195 Toyo's but didn't see how it was going to make that MUCH of a differance. I'm running Tokico Illuminia's with H&R springs. What type of suspension are you all running. Thats the only thing i can figure is smaller tires and and very stiff suspension to make em' work.

I sold the wheels and tires and bought some huge ass wheels that look cool and are differant but I want these back and to work as I like the look and diffantly like the weight savings.

What I have now:
Sportmax 006's
17x8 et+35 Front
17x9 et+35 Rear

1 - 20 of 32 Posts