ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of springs designed for a 94-97 miata and mine is a 90-93. Does anybody know any reason they shouldnt work.

They say they drop the 94-97 car 1.25 inches in the REAR

I have the front springs from the same brand and type for the correct year (90-93),

so my concern really is the rear... Does anybody know of any effect this will have on my ride height, or if it will likely be the same, less or more than the advertised 1.25" drop?!

*the reason being is that the springs are not available anymore, all that is left is a set of 1.6 front springs and 1.8 rears. the differene in the spring rates is only 2lbs (1.6 rear vs 1.8 rear.

I'd let to get some responses before i try this experiment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*okay- the rear sits way too high, next mod = fat cat upper shock mounts, otherwise ride and handling= +++, but style = LoL

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Re: before i start this experiment...Will These Springs work?!?!!?

I dont see why they wouldnt work

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
It might not lower your car much. the '97 was a 4x4.

·
Registered
592 Posts
And the 94-97 were heavier than the earlier cars adding to the 4x4 look.

·
Registered
718 Posts

they should work. I don't see why they wouldn't. the suspension's all the same. IIRC, the Rpackage bilsteins/springs fit, so I don't see why these springs wouldn't. some NB suspension bits work, too.

like what stealth said, though, there probably won't be a big drop.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
if it drops 1.25" you should get NB or FCM top mounts + 46mm bumpstops while your at it, your gonna need the extra suspension travel.

·
Registered
582 Posts

check his site. fatcatmotorsports.com

I installed his 46mm bumpstops w/ fm springs and it helped a lot in suspension travel. My car is a lot comfortable to drive than stock.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
My 91 with stock springs and AGXs sits at around 13.25 all around. I have FCM bumpstops too, can't remember which ones for the life of me though. 52mm maybe? Or was it 56mm.....idk..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts