ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a carbon fiber gt wing off a local 240sx guy to put on my miata...

the measurement for this wing will be:

Width between legs: 40"
possible to adjust the legs to 32" as the spoiler has holes to move legs closer together
Width of spoiler: 56"
Height from trunk: 9.5"

do you guys think it will be too big? or ok? or look rediculas? or...?

here's the actual pic of the wing.

btw, this guy wants 200cdn for it...

good deal?

what u guys think[/img]

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I donno man, that Miata looks pretty stock.. What do you need a big rice-a-roni wing for?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Oh dear Bill no........im disgusted with you. But since your reformed, I forgive you. lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ its stock for now, but i got a GV Lip, HD Roll bar, brola exhaust, and couple this and that to be put on at the same time... I've always wanted a CF GT-Wing...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o yah... i just want to know 56" width... is it too long? wuz the width of a miata?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^cus i don't have one at the moment, so I thouhg maybe someone knows the answer off their head

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
A wing like that could look good on a Miata, but it'd have to be pretty low, have a relatively aggressive front end, preferably fender-flared, and better have some cojones.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Honestly, who thinks the car in the above picture needs that huge wing?? Who thinks it even looks good? Id like to see what opinions people have on that type of a look.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to drive that around. Love the car though.. just needs to loose the shopping cart handle on the trunk.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well, I am not a huge fan of wings on street cars, but they can look good if you do it right. To each their own. I'd say if you do it get a hard top. It looks... odd with a big tall wing without a roof.

·
3,857 Posts
Well you have to do what you feel that you have to do ;)
It seems that 56 it's about right.

I personally like the lip spoilers, like the factory one and the Simpson design (Oh and the MM too :))

·
Registered
720 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts