ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pictures of my $2011 Challenge car that I was able to throw together just to make it to the competition this year. I am hoping my car for next year will be more competitive.

Alright so had some problems hitting cones but for the most part had a great trip.

Now onto thinking about next year, I have been a Miata guy for the past year or two because they are relatively inexpensive. So I picked up this bad boy for $650

Runs and drives straight but the motor mounts are shot and it has been in a "slight" fender bender with what looks to be a guard rail. Style bar FTW...

To working on the car we go

Yeah now it is a multi colored freak. Also rocking some 15x10's on the front with 275 hoosier A6. The car came with a set of Riceland coilovers just like the other cheap miata I purchased this year, thank you guys for that.

I go to change the oil the other day and look what I found

Off to a good start so far, as I have tons of Miata parts just laying around for some odd reason.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the challenge I am allowed to recoup up to $1006 so right now I have a huge part out list of stuff I am trying to sell. It isn't all from this car but there are quite of few items I am trying to sell to help out the budget.

I might have to change the bolts for more clearance even though I should have "plenty" after properly setting up the suspension.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying out the 275's before I cut the fenders and put some flares on.

Progress has been slow trying to recoup some money now from all my project cars.

·
Registered
228 Posts
LOL at the sign skidplate. I found a Local Car Dealership parking space sign that was thrown away.

I had the same idea. Love it...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am amused and intrigued!

See you out there! XD I'm bringing my DD because why not.
It is a lot of fun, I probably will not be very competitive because I don't think I can make enough power and stay under budget with my level of fabrication skills.

Awesome!

BTW: I think you bought some SSR Comps from me a year or so ago!
Probably I purchased a set in the last year. Now just need to find some 15x7.5's.

mmmmm are those keizer wheels? heard they bend easily, is that true?
Well I have heard the same thing, fortunately I will not have to drive the car on pothole covered roads, so it shouldn't be a problem for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't get much work done this winter. Started working on it this week again. Added flares and gutted the interior. Still need to figure out why the car rides so high on the koni/gc combo. Shifter also feels really loose compared to my 94.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since I am no good at updating my own threads

Start

Testing

My lackluster body work skills the 20 hour paint job

Stickered up and ready to go

Finished 7th in the Autocross
Finished second to last in the car show portion... there is still a hole in the other side of the car that I leave out of all the pictures
1/4 time of 17.6 doesn't do much for placing in this competition
car weighed in at 1931 with half a tank of fuel

Well at least I had fun.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I plan to attend again this year, not sure what I am going to bring. Most likely something uncompetitive. I have been debating about buying a mid 90's LS400
Just to give an overview

$2013 Challenge Car

$2014 Challenge Car

Future $2015 Challenge Car the dream finally becomes reality.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts