ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a stone chip with a slight crack. The car is only dedicated for track use. should I get the cheapest glass ? Are there any benefits getting more expensive options like OEM /
PPG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
949 and Treasure Coast both offer lightweight windshields. 949s is probably a bit lighter as it is .187" thick opposed to TCs .25" thick one and both offer protective coatings.

While i am all for supporting Emilio because i like what his company does, $400+ is a bit too rich for my blood, but i guess that's the cost of building your car to the fullest extent of the rules. TCs is about $150, a bit extra for the coating.

Both need alternative installation methods as it would be unsafe to just install it like a oem one

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about the rock chip/crack fix as a DIY, but they never really last and just mask the problem. The glass shops won't fix anything in the line of sight . I can wait and see if the crack starts to grow. I think it will given the stiffness of the car. The Lexan is not for me as it scratches too easily. I have Vented Lexan sides and they scratch just from being rained on ...

The question of the day is. is the basic windshield (basic $199 and premium $450) lighter than a premium glass?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so do I need a brace for the middle or can I install it similar to the normal PPG glass?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With a stock motor NA, your speed is not something I will attain in the near future on the track.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts