ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an airfoil for a 911 because the mounting points were a perfect measurement for chassis mounts on a miata. However the upper pedestals were not included so i need to source some. They will likely need to be made. Anyone know where i could have them made?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with what you're referring to as the pedestal, but I bought a used airfoil and bought my uprights and trunk/deck brackets from Big Country Labs. They are big in the drifting scene and not my favorite personally, but the quality of the products are nice and the wing components themselves are relatively inexpensive.

http://crunkyourtrunk.com/collections/gt-wing-components-stands-risers-endplates

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the upper pedestal would be the part that bolts the airfoil to the uprights.

Yea i looked at BCL but on the upper pedestal they offer, the part that would bolt up to the wing is flat, and the wing i have is curved.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would really prefer something like this, multiple mounting holes for plenty of AOA adjustment options.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Custom, man. That's the only way to go unless you know the manufacturer of the wing you acquired and get the correct set of mounts direct from them, and sounds like you may not know the mfg.

A good race fab shop should be able to make what you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts