ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of inventive things you guys and gals came up with for routing the power wire from your battery to your amp? Being that it is in the trunk kinda complicates things I think. I cant really think of a way off hand to get a wire from the cabin to the trunk with out some major surgery. Suggestions, tips, tricks?

Thanks in advance.
-Jeremy

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Uhh, que?

Since the batterry's in the trunk it makes it stupa simple. Just hope your amp's not too big to fit.

Short wires are your friend, especially ground wires. Both my power and ground wires are less than 2ft long. The speaker wires are about 12ft long i'd say. Those were simple enough to run. They poke out from under the package tray on the passenger side from the trunk and then run under the center console to the stock radio wires. Simple 'nuff.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok... I understand where to route the wires now. However my amp is not gonna be in the trunk. Gonna be behind my seat. I'm trying out one of these "all in one" packages

Thanks for the quick reply Foo
-Jeremy

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes, what Foo said. You run the wires through the tunnels on either side of the fuel tank and they poke out from gaps in the parcel shelf. You can then run them under the carpet along the transmission tunnel or the door sills.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Run it next to the spare tire. There's a big hole that runs straight through to the passenger compartment. That's what I did.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What you do for cooling the amp?? Nice setup.. even tho it wouldnt work for my needs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ah ok... I understand where to route the wires now. However my amp is not gonna be in the trunk. Gonna be behind my seat. I'm trying out one of these "all in one" packages

Thanks for the quick reply Foo
-Jeremy
I have been looking at this for awhile too. If you could, please let us know how it turns out once you get it hooked up. I listen mostly to hip hop, and I want to make sure it delivers decent bass. Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh... I have had it hooked up in the car for about two months now... its decent. Now LOW end what so ever. i would say it trails off or distorts anything below 45 or 50hz. I think the built in amp is underpowered for the speakers. It does however give the music more "fullness" tho. Pix installed are in my garage. Of course i want more bass but it sounds good on anything but music that is overly bass oriented (three six mafia, D4L type stuff) I find myself having to crank it down just a touch when i play one of these songs to avoid distortion. Overall given the space constraints I like it and would purchase it again. I just wish i could find a bass blocker that works at 45hz and below... LOL!!

As for space... if your over 6ft its not for you cause it wont fit behind the seat.

Another review is HERE

Hope this helps anyone considering this setup.
-Jeremy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thank you for the review. It's exactly what I was looking for. It sounds like it is not a good fit for what I am looking for, since most of my music is bass heavy. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts