ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well given my dash swap there was a bunch of burnt wires, after closer inspection in the bay there are more burnt wires. Its a wonder the car even runs really.

My question is, how difficult is it to change the entire harness? I am not to familiar with the miatas harness and were it is directed throughtout the car. This really could be a dumb question becuase when I get my new harness Ill just be jumping into it. Was just wanting to know others thoughtsa on the ordeal, from my understanding the main harness is prettu much the main+engine harness in one minus the dash harness.

Maybe if anyone has pics when they had removed their harness would be greatly apprciated. Ill be putting in a 94-95 harness to stay obd1 and using the 1.8 ecu and 1.8 maf, as im doing it I might as well drop in my 1.8 :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
In the middle of doing this right now. The hardest part is taking the dash off though. Once everything is off, all the wiring is exposed so basically the hardest thing to do after that is disconnecting all the pigtails and pushing the old harness through the firewall.
I'll post pics in a couple hours :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
In the middle of doing this right now. The hardest part is taking the dash off though. Once everything is off, all the wiring is exposed so basically the hardest thing to do after that is disconnecting all the pigtails and pushing the old harness through the firewall.
I'll post pics in a couple hours :)
im gonna be doing this next week and those pics would be helpful :haiguyths:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here is a pic where the wiring harness comes through on the passengers side, which is where the engine wiring harness comes through

I'm sure everyones wiring behind the steering column will look better than mine because of the previous owner of my car but here is the cluster f*ck of wiring behind my dash :p There is an alarm hooked up too so there is extra wiring

Here is the wiring from the ecu to the firewall

And the rear main wiring harness behind the seats

Hope these pics are somewhat helpful. I'm also in the process of rewiring my whole car so fun times ahead :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
^^thanks that looks awesome. I've already removed my dash once before and trust me my wiring looks much worse of a cluster ****, hence why i'm swapping. But how long did it take you to swap everything out?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Haha well I'm still working on my wiring now just because I'm putting an 02 in a 94 so nothing is matching now, but if it was a straight swap id imagine around a full days time. Taking off all the connectors and clips is a bitch haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts