ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, my exhaust broke. It split at the flange right where the muffler connects to the midpipe. So, I decided, it's time for an upgrade. A new exhaust is something that I would have to research and would probably take a while. So, I decided to take my parent's car and leave my car in their garage until I find an exhaust to put on it.

Fast forward three weeks, ordered an Enthuza and it arrived this past Friday. So, I decided to take the 7 hour drive home to install it and because I was going to miata-withdrawl.

Saturday morning, I hop on down to the garage to get started, I open the garage door and there is this odor. An odor that I'm not familiar with and I just can't point my finger to what it is. I found the source of the smell to be coming from my trunk. Still, I just don't know what it is. So, I ignore it and continue on installing the exhaust.

I needed to grab a tool from my trunk, I rummage through the things in my trunk, I find it and when I pull it out, I notice a clump of something grey on it. I'm not familiar with what it is, I have never seen anything like that before. I'm puzzled and underneath the thing I pulled out, there is more of that stuff. There was about 10 clumps. Still puzzled, I call up my parents and ask them if they know what it is. My dad neglected to tell me the night before that a cat was trapped in the garage for 5 days and that is most likely cat poop and the smell is probably cat piss. Also, that when he went in to let the cat out, the trunk was open so he closed it. Yeah, THANKS DAD!

Why can't thing go smoothly? Just install and enjoy the new exhaust without having some kind of bad crap (pun is intended) happening.

Kevin

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. Prepare to remove and replace everything that has cat waste on it. NOTHING (I Tried) gets it out.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
As turbored noted, cat piss lasts forever. It lasts longer than anything known to man, and you'll never get it out.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If a cat pissed in your car, seriously, call your insurance company and beg them to total it.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
hmm....maybe consider throwing out your trunk carpet? the PO of my car must have spilt some motor oil in the trunk, everything is placed in the trunk would get a nice oily coat on it so I just ditched everything.

I havent had time to take engine degreaser to the trunk to try and clean it all up yet, so temporarily I just have one of those beefy rubber winter floormats from walmart on the floor of the trunk. At least I can use the trunk again without worrying about ruining something!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, engine degreaser (Simple Green), all it does is mask it. It still smells funky as hell. I guess I have to get a new trunk liner. F-ing cats. They should all DIE! :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts