ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

And a very happy 50th birthday to me. :)

My wonderful family and friends got together than collected about half of what I need to take a three day course a Skip Barber at Laguna Seca this spring... ...and my incredibly wonderful girlfriend has promised to make up the rest of the cost.

We're planning a quick trip down to Monterey to arrive there for April 13 for the course, three days while I drive a Formula Skip Barber open-wheeler through the Corkscrew as many times as they'll let me, and then a more leisurely trip back to Vancouver through the wine country and on as much of the coast highway as we can.

What a great start to 2012!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sounds like a great trip!

BUT, maybe you should replan!

im not dumping on your awesome trip, but Miatas at laguna seca is coming up around that time

check out the event and companionship from other miata enthusiasts all getting together on the track

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=54409

if thats not what you had in mind (i know skip barber school is a whole experience in itself), i thought i might just mention that

·
Registered
945 Posts
thoughtful and interactive gifts like this are awesome! Have a blast!

..sometimes I imagine I'm on the corkscrew at Seca when I use a certain off-ramp on my highway

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a great trip!

BUT, maybe you should replan!

im not dumping on your awesome trip, but Miatas at laguna seca is coming up around that time

check out the event and companionship from other miata enthusiasts all getting together on the track

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=54409

if thats not what you had in mind (i know skip barber school is a whole experience in itself), i thought i might just mention that
As a concept, I love it, but I don't think I can do both and still keep my clients happy.

So this year I'll do the course and next year I'll do the Miatas at MRLS!

Just remember a GoPro and take tons of pictures so we here, can vicariously drive the track. Good luck! :mrgreen:
That is my plan--GoPro and all! :D

thoughtful and interactive gifts like this are awesome! Have a blast!
Thanks. I still can't quite believe it, but it's something that I've always wanted to do and I'm very lucky that I've got such great folks who love me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super jealous. I hope to do it someday. Not in the cards this year.

+100000 on the gopro!
Well I think we're even then, because I'm super jealous of Sharka. (And like you, I hope to do it someday!).

Believe me:there will be video! There may well be two GoPros!

:mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts