ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased my second Miata and 10th car. It's a completly stock 1993 1.6l. My plans for this car is I want a competitive Auto-X car that I can do various other track events and also drive it on the street as a summer/ weekend type car. My other car is a Honda Accord 2.4l, so this will allow me to dedicate the Miata to being a pure toy. I also have a nice garage to keep her in and work on durring the winter since I live in MN she will be a purely summer car. I will be updating this page slowly as I make progress on her. Pretty broke right now so first mods I have done have been some cheap DIY stuff like painting and polishing some bits since I am dying to start tinkering with it.
Pics of how I got her;

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First thing I did was try to track down a small oil leak from the back of the engine. Replaced the CAS O-Ring and valve cover gasket. Decided to Polish to valve cover and paint the letters while I had it apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Re: Woozle1's Albino 93' Project

winlowe, Roo3 and I say welcome to CR.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Painted a few other bits. Did the windshield surround black because the paint was chipping in a small area. Tinted the front Turn signals with the VHT. And then Painted the 6UL's. Didn't really like the silver and white combo and the polished lips were starting to look bad in a few spots. Used the Red Plasti-dip and clear Gloss. Her is how she is looking now

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a few shots of my ridez;
The Honda; I took apart the headlights and smoked the surrounds and made the high beams gold.

My Human powered transport; 1997 Binachi TSX Campagnolo

Current view of my Miata!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a gv style urethane front lip! I think it looks pretty nice for what It cost, fits perfect. Took off the front plate because it was clearly blocking air flow to the radiator. I also removed the spare tire and jack. My mod budget is going to be in the free- $100 range for the short future; so I will be doing what I can with that, ha. Next up will be cruise control delete, and the seat foamectomy. Car came without a/c already. I am undecided about Ps removal...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gave her a wash and took some pics with my good camera. Now safely parked in the garage before the potential thunderstorms with large sized hail arrives. damn; thats a good feeling...

also I think my fence serves as a pretty nice background! I built the fence by hand this spring for my three dogs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts