ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I found a set of old Work Equip 01 wheels (slightly different design...but still essentially the same) in 14x6 (seller believes...he never measured) for next to nothing (well...as far as work rims go at least).
I was just curious if anyone has either tried, or seen other people use these rims on a track. When she's done, my car will be more of a parking lot queen than a road racer, but until that day I will be going to the occasional track day (such as Mazfest on May 21 :mrgreen: ). So will these rims fail horribly in that aspect, or can I still compete in them?

Thanks for all the input,
-Dylan

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, that makes me feel better. Guess I can buy them worry free now :mrgreen:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I wouldn't say worry free. One must exercise the same level of caution and scrutiny whenever buying used wheels, even ones with a reputation for being as strong and reliable as Work. A good reputation does not guarantee that the wheels will be perfect or suitable for use. Be sure to inspect carefully for signs of fractures, bends, etc. Also, be sure to double check wheel measurements. I'm surprised you found a set with PCD 4x100. Even if they're not the right bolt pattern you should have little difficulty in finding an AE86 owner to buy them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
freedomgli
yeah I was surprised to find 4x100 too. Although I'm a little worried that the seller is just saying that to get a sale. If that is the case, I will -like you said- try to find an ae86 owner to buy them. Or ebay, in which case I could probably turn a profit :p
Well, if I get them this weekend, everyone going to Mazfest on Sunday will get to see how well or poorly they perform :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts