ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I still think it's terrible we lost so much of one of our countries best cities.. and I hope the city and it's people can get back on their feet asap! ...but ever since the floods happened in New Orleans my friends and I (being car guys) wondered where all the cars.. w. their parts are/were going!? I mean my friend is looking for an SRT4 diff.. building an STI powered GC8 is a dream of mine.. you know, ish like that!
Well thanks to google I think I've found one of the largest collections of cars on the planet. Amazing.
http://www.google.com/maps?q=New+Orleans,+LA,+USA&ie=UTF8&ll=30.01008,-89.987962&spn=0.006243,0.012563&t=k&z=17&om=1

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Wow! What a sight- and if you go south across the road, there are more cars! Any one from LA want to go on a junk scouting mission?

·
Registered
262 Posts
That stuff is about an hour's drive from me. Now, what you can't see in satellite pictures is that almost every overpass in New Orleans has piles of abandoned/recovered cars parked under them.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
That stuff is about an hour's drive from me. Now, what you can't see in satellite pictures is that almost every overpass in New Orleans has piles of abandoned/recovered cars parked under them.
Whats the story with those cars? Do the owners still hold title or does the state own them now?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Whats the story with those cars? Do the owners still hold title or does the state own them now?
Well, you have to figure that most of those cars are destroyed beyond any practical use by heavy flooding and damage from being carried off. When the flood waters receded, they were pulling vehicles out of trees! lol. I know of a lot of people (mostly in Chalmette) who came home to a bare slab where their house used to be. Their car is god only knows where, along with hundreds of other cars. Most of these people just let the insurance replace the car, so the cars are technically abandoned, but i guess they still own them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts