ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping anyone will give me some insight. I want to visit Laguna Seca, im only about three hours east of it. My question: if i go there on any random day, even without an event in progress, will i be able to view the track and take an informal tour? I would love some pictures and all that jazz, but i'd like first to know if its worth my time. Same question for Sears Point. Can i see Infineon raceway with only modest restrictions? Thanks for the input.

:littlepony: my god, a pony icon. My inner nine-year-old girl loves it.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Man I'd love to visit a real track. Only thing near me is Darlington and that's just a boring oval. But they have shuttles set up to take you on a tour.
Maybe try giving the track a call and see if they offer some kind of tour.

Edit: Oh and Daytona also does tours.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not sure about a random day at Laguna, might not be allowed to.

However, my first experiance was at Laguna Seca was in 2003, when I was around 13, for an ALMS race. Came in from the back way, came around a hill and suddenly T11 was right there. I remember a Panoz LMP prototype thundering into the braking zone and up the front straight, followed by a Corvette C5R. That single moment changed my life, and have since gone back every for the ALMS even. I highly recommend coming out for the race, its May 11th and 12th. $50 for raceday, $60 for both right now (price goes up at the gate). Some pics from last year, the cars alone are worth watching

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
laguna seca is a campground pretty sure you can get in whenever, and be able to see the track, dunno how close you can get to the pits or anything, i've only been during events.

http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/lagunaseca.html

I work out at Sears Point you should be able get in whenever by just signing the waiver at the gate, can pretty much drive round the whole thing

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/lagunaseca.html

I work out at Sears Point you should be able get in whenever by just signing the waiver at the gate, can pretty much drive round the whole thing

If i could ride my bike around it, that would be awesome. Really awesome. do weekends without events work best for that? Weekdays? Thanks for the info, this is relevent to my interests..

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
ohh i didnt mean to infer literally the surface of the track my bad if thats what u thought i dunno about that, never asked. i meant above and around the track theres a paved path pretty much the whole way 'round with some sweet views, and top the bleachers, etc
place is usually pretty empty and slow unless there's a big event goin on, can probly still get in free during little days like nasa and open testing days with cars on track. heres the schedule

http://www.infineonraceway.com/schedule/

check out the website, its one of those I've just not looked into much haha

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on, i should have known whatyou meant. I. Know how liability functions in an organization like that. I justgot all excited when your words were presented in a way that a child-mind could misconstrue thei plications. Ha. Thanks for the link and stuff, i'll most certainly check it out. I'll even hit you up when im around, we can chill and puff.

·
Registered
351 Posts
During the ALMS week at Laguna Seca, in the past couple years they hold a cycle event to held raise money for a fundraiser. Did it one year with my brother, since we had brought our bikes anyways. Was a blast, very much regret only doing 1 lap (It was like $20 donation and you could go on, do a couple laps). Only did 1 lap because my brake cable was stuck on a little and only 1/3 of the gears worked (only good for steep hills, terrible for downhill). I think they did it Wednesday or Thursday last year before the race weekend...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Verwah, I know you from Mazda-speed.com. You live in Wisconsin don't you? At any rate, come down to Willow Springs Raceway tomorrow (it's a little north of the LA area) You can see VagaXt drive (informative) and me drive (more likely for comedy value; i just hope it's not a horror flick) in a Miata Challenge event!

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
If you are not in a hurry, I would wait until May to visit for ALMS. The track is just different without all the engine sounds.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
See what the schedule is like before you go visit.

Hearing the Compuware Vette zooming past you in person is amazing! The mechanical low bass symphony coming out of that highly tuned pushrod engine is something that everyone has to experience. The Vettes & M3s that run the ALMS have the nicest engine & exhaust sounds. More than the other higher end exotic luxury machines. :phillyb:

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Verwah, I know you from Mazda-speed.com. You live in Wisconsin don't you? At any rate, come down to Willow Springs Raceway tomorrow (it's a little north of the LA area) You can see VagaXt drive (informative) and me drive (more likely for comedy value; i just hope it's not a horror flick) in a Miata Challenge event!
Hey man. I cant make it tomorrow, im pulling a painting job. Im thinking like a week day next week. I am from wisconsin but i sold my roadster and now im on a motorcycle journey. Been out for more than two months so far. I hope i get to meet you sooner or later, im going to try to make it to kinod or at least back to LA some time in the next fortnight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool - as far as I know i should be at KINOD the next couple of weeks. Look for a twin of your former car: black mica (though there is another one that also shows up; mine still has the racing harts). Assuming you know the alternate location during cold weather? -or what these Californians call cold weather anyway. I heard that at last week's Kinod some idiot did something worthy of somebody in the area calling the cops, who came around writing tickets for no front plates and such, so I'm wondering if it will be suggested we go back to Krispy Kreme this week. Anyway, do you know both locations?

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do not. Care to post 'em here? I didnt make last weeks, but eventually..

Oh yeah, id love to see your black mica!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts