·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I paid another 3 months of sponsorship yesterday. I'm not sure why. lol
Yes thank you! If you withdraw your sponsorship you might kill cr.net.:suicide::smile1::hello kitty:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm still reading almost daily, not posting much because I don't know what to say :D

People ran away to facebook and thought it's better but people and fb suck.

In europe it's even worse, most forums needed a modernized platform after a huge change in copyright and data protection laws so right when more and more user left for whatever other platform the layout changed with the associated problems like data loss and login failure. I stopped visiting the german VW bus forum for that reason, it was great until the update, now it's just fucked up...

I sincerely hope people will some time take the time again to write great build threads...

·
1000% Jake
4,567 Posts
My build thread is definitely rewarding. But it can take several hours to put together a post, and there's a lot of work in it, too. I'm having a bit more extra time now that the autocross season is winding down.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
My build thread is definitely rewarding. But it can take several hours to put together a post, and there's a lot of work in it, too. I'm having a bit more extra time now that the autocross season is winding down.
Well I read and appreciate(may not always comment) each and every build thread on the three miata forums I frequent so thank for taking the time to do so! It's neat to see a miara hill climb build.:icon_cheers:

·
1000% Jake
4,567 Posts
Oh, thanks! I'm actually leading my class this season, and the car has been awesome.

I think it's easy to get overwhelmed with all the media that gets generated and the pace of updates. I need a social media team, lol.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Agreed. The fact that the platform itself has aged towards Historical Vehicle territory doesn't help much.
I wouldn't really say that. I mean, I don't see that being a problem in the VW scene, and the Miata was born roughly when the third generation of the Golf came about.

I had a big reply about why GRM would continue to be successful relative to other forums but the short answer is no one will care lol.
That's false: I would!

Facebook sucks
Indeed so.

forums are barely active. i try to post and "do my part" but i can't really relate to trackday/autocross/hpde threads. feel free to post into the void, though
Well, posting into "the void" can still be rewarding if there are even just two or three people that care enough to actively conversate and tell you their thoughts.
I mean, my "plans thread" got LOADS of useful feedback. I was able, for better or worse, to conversate. It was useful to me. I learnt things. I chatted. And, for how much you can claim I would've gotten 10 times the replies a while ago, that's still much.
That's something I wouldn't get with Instagram.

Not pointing any fingers but...
This is the kind of burn you talk to a therapist about, 10 years later.

I'm just here to post in the Pub. Haven't even had a miata for at least 2-3 years
Man, I don't even have it yet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That sounds so depressing. Ya'll should read YKK. Basically a manga about the end of humanity as seen through the eyes of an android.
Hmmm... Let me check the plot.

mangadex.org said:
The story is set in future Japan, in which the sea level has risen and flooded many of the coastal areas [...] The population has been considerably reduced and political and technological institutions have broken-down.
So in our timeline's 2050!
mangadex.org said:
Local communities have become nations and telephone and television no longer exist (although coffee vending machines and streetlights stubbornly continue to work).
I want to read this just because it sounds so damn realistic.
mangadex.org said:
The remaining people have adopted a slower-paced, simpler way of life and rely more on each other.
I spoke too soon.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts
I wouldn't really say that. I mean, I don't see that being a problem in the VW scene, and the Miata was born roughly when the third generation of the Golf came about.
The point of my statement was that as the fleet ages, people become less and less interested in modifying them because either they feel like there's nothing new and original to do or because they're too worried about killing that Bring A Trailer auction price :stare:
Hmmm... Let me check the plot.

So in our timeline's 2050!

I want to read this just because it sounds so damn realistic.

I spoke too soon.
Honestly, it could be somewhat realistic. Humanity's technology and resources were hobbled by whatever caused the ocean levels to rise. They no longer have the time or resources to go out with anything less than a whimper. As such, most of the people are just resigned to living out whatever time they have left peacefully.

What is neat is that the main character (and--spoiler--several other characters) are not really androids as much as they are artificial humans. Even that line, though, is a little blurry.

YKK is really worth a read if you have the time. I was so inspired by my own post that I re-read it last week :lol:

·
100% Jakedashian
7,265 Posts
What is neat is that the main character (and--spoiler--several other characters) are not really androids as much as they are artificial humans. Even that line, though, is a little blurry.
Ah, yes. The Akira Toriyama School of Writing Robotic-Humans-But-Not-Really-Robots-Maybe.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts