ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any wrx ecu manage systems will work on a greddy turbo miata? I currently have bipes, but just wondering if I can go another route instead of a link or emanage? I believe my friend has a cobb ecu manage system, thanks!

Kenny

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
correct, a standalone with the correct wiring and settings will work just fine.... one of the reasons I chose the Hydra for my car is that my tuner was comfortable with it due to the fact he had experience tuning subies.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright kewl! so hydra is pretty much a universal link? where can I get more info on hydra? Where is the best place to buy it used or new? Perhaps my friend and I can both get this for our wrx and my miata!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
www.flyinmiata.com
is the sole US distributor for miata specific Hydra systems....

and www.elementtuning.com is the sole Subaru distributor in the US

also check out www.hydraems.com which is the ecu developer's site

just so you know.... this is NOT a CHEAP solution...... and it has drawbacks depending on your location and local emissions regulations....

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
I looked into the LINK and the Hydra and the pricing is not that much different when you look at the big picture

LINK + WO2 + Serial Link + DLL = $ 2150 or so

Hydra $ 1945.00 incl WO2 + laptop program

I chose the LINK ++ as I have a '92 and it has proven it self well plus there is a lot of info out there on it.

The Hydra is kind of new to the Miata and it is a little more work to fine tune it plus the shop I deal with are well versed in tuning with a LINK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.