ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive known about this forum for a while but never really found time to associated myself even though i want to.

ive had my 10AE for about 3 years now...currently its being fixed. accident. :? anyways...need to get out more besides m.net

·
CR.net Supporter
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i lived 20 of my 21 years in either daly city or san francisco. the other year is in LA. as for "san fran" yes, people call it that, and yes, i was just being lazy.

question for you: did u just move here? it says your from japan, but other sources say your from sunset district. anyways. san francisco was called san fran for the majority of the time. hiphop culture changed it to frisco, then the sco or 4-1-5. whatever you call it. theres more than one name.

·
Registered
718 Posts
welcome to cr.net.

I'm gonna be moving up to SF come august.

(oh boy! college!)

won't have the miata though... :(

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
i lived 20 of my 21 years in either daly city or san francisco. the other year is in LA. as for "san fran" yes, people call it that, and yes, i was just being lazy.

question for you: did u just move here? it says your from japan, but other sources say your from sunset district. anyways. san francisco was called san fran for the majority of the time. hiphop culture changed it to frisco, then the sco or 4-1-5. whatever you call it. theres more than one name.
born and raised in the Sunset. I'm ethnically Japanese so I rock the Japanese flag.
San Francisco was not called San Fran the majority of the time. I don't know natives calling it that. As far as frisco, it's older than hip hop culture. The Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club called it Frisco, as well as in the song "sittin on the dock of the bay" an oldies, refers it to Frisco.

Hip-hop started calling it the sucka-free. Did you see Sucka-Free City? My friend wrote that story. SFC is another hip hop term.

But yeah, natives typically call it the City or SF.

Anyways, I'm in Holland MI for 2 weeks, hope to see you and a bunch o' SF CR people when I get back.

·
CR.net Supporter
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
San Francisco was not called San Fran the majority of the time. I don't know natives calling it that. As far as frisco, it's older than hip hop culture. The Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club called it Frisco, as well as in the song "sittin on the dock of the bay" an oldies, refers it to Frisco.
oh yea i forgot about that song, but yes, frisco is much MUCH more older than the hip hop scene. as for san fran, only a small population probably use it. i know its not widely used, but the reason i started to use it was my first year in LA. i didnt feel like saying san francisco. if i said FRISCO ("the city"/"the sco" wasnt around in 2004 i dont think), they would think FRESNO. some of them are dumb as bricks, so SF doesnt ring a bell either. so to carry a casual conversation, i would throw in the "san fran" and leave out the rest. thats my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts