ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually didnt brake them, the rear slider (top) was actually just frozen and wouldnt slide at all, my buddy blu92 had same problem.

Brotosaurus I would have probably crapped my pants if I got that lucky and found someone willing to give away for free, I never have that type of luck haha! But cheers for being a great help to the community I am sure the owner of the free calipers appreciated it greatly!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I actually didnt brake them, the rear slider (top) was actually just frozen and wouldnt slide at all, my buddy blu92 had same problem.

Brotosaurus I would have probably crapped my pants if I got that lucky and found someone willing to give away for free, I never have that type of luck haha! But cheers for being a great help to the community I am sure the owner of the free calipers appreciated it greatly!
I just did my brakes and rotors and I had this issue, it was completely busted. I know you didn't but in case you DO run into this issue and find yourself getting a new caliper (as I did), please make sure when you get it, it's the entire assembly. I did that once and I only got the caliper, not the mounting bracket, so I had to stop and drive another 45 minutes to the only place that had one. I advise you to PLEASE be careful when bleeding the brakes and make sure you take your time with the bleeder valves. I wound up having to replace a caliper, so the valve was smooth as a baby's butt. But the fronts were SO stiff and I had such an issue, on the drivers side the valve busted and now I'm stuck drilling it out today after work.

Please make sure you soak them in PB and try and loosen any **** up. Good luck man, I hope it works out for you.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice! I actually dont even know I am 95% sure I have the full assembly. I got off 2nd chance roadster.

And my buddy who has done same thing to his car is actually doing mine for me:) I am new to cars and learn as I go and this is my first brake experience so I am watching and learning this round:p

·
4,296 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts