ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, some douchebag shot my back windshield with a BB gun the other night I found out today from an officer. It happened three days ago and I thought it was just me but today I was notified 3 other cars got hit. Hopefully they find out who the kids are because insurance isn't covering my back windshield. So I figured maybe I can pick up a hardtop now with a window and then just resolve my soft top problem in the summer.

I'm a broke college student so please I'm not looking to spend a shitload, I don't know what to ask. I'd assume $300?

Shoot me a PM or reply with any help

BTW: I'm on Long Island (Long Beach)

I also have an extra pair of stock rims without tires I can trade if someone is interested in that.

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good luck, buddy. Not trying to be a ****, but finding a hardtop for under $700 that isn't beat to **** is like winning the lottery. Expect to spend $800-1200 for a decent one. Why so much? Cause you can't get them any more, people want them for the same reasons as you (theft or tired of soft top leaks), and they're sought after by the spec miata crowd. Trust me, I've been looking in the same area (Eastern PA/Jersey/SE NY) and haven't found one below $800.

Good luck finding whoever shot out your window. A new soft top with a glass window would be a little more durable, but one of the risks of a convertible is the ease of destroying the top. If you just want a cheap top, get a used one from planet miata or another salavage yard, or the cheapie $200 robbins replacement top.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, yea I actually posted this before I went into looking at a new hardtop... they are the same price as when I bought my car 4 months ago.

Well yea, I'm going to keep looking, soft top is probably my best choice now... or a junkyard.

Or somehow a miracle happens and the kid keeps doing this and gets caught. One can hope.

And Tony, I see you are from Baldwin. You go to any meets around the island? I'm just getting into this scene, I'm 22. Shoot me a PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts