ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have become obsessed... and I am picky (please have pics ready) I only want these parts:
Dash cover w/ bolt covers and glove (don't need airbag but would be a plus (local prefered)
Carpet
Door cards with speaker covers (local prefered)

I have a bunch of nice parts to trade and cash in hand.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
I've not run across a crash pad not with the full dash. If something comes to my attention, will letcha know.
Door panels and carpet each pop up on eBay from time to time. Some miata-specific breakers will also have an LE now and again.
The driver airbag is the same as any other NA, so no big deal there.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
The thing that runs across the middle of the dash...with the eyeball vents in it at each end.
Know what I mean? ;)

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
jOshiro, The fact that you mention an airbag (in reference to the dash) and you don't know what the crash pad is - it sounds like maybe you're not familiar with the difference between the NA6 and NA8 dash designs.

If you're picky, be prepared to be patient. There were only 1,500 '93LE cars and that was almost 20 years ago. Not many of them have survived in pristine condition only to be parted out now.

Familiarize yourself with some of the "search all of craigslist" websites. You'll find some bargains there, too.

·
Supporting Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solution>> Wrapping my dash, wrapping my door cards, no carpet. I don't have the patience and I need to finish my build. My miata has not touched pavement in over 8 months...

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
jOshiro said:
I thought that was a "center council" haha thanks
Center console can be a couple of things depending on who you talk to. I believe you're thinking of the "tombstone" with the two middle vents and the HVAC controls, etc. The crash pad does go on either side of the tombstone, but isn't integrated with it. Take a look at the dash from an NA6 car. The crash pad is, vertically, between the glove box and the top of the dash. It has a rounded contour. Whatever year NA you have, look at the upper portion of your door cards. Same idea and placement.

btw jux, your sig... my heart skips beats
Thanks!
Note that my dash's crash pad is still black (look to left and right of the shiny vent rings in the sig pic), while the associated parts on the doors are LE correct. mk2tmr2's dash is completely LE parts. Take a look at some of his photos in his build thread to see what I mean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts