ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in a set. I have been contemplating just recovering a set of 95m's and dealing with the less retro-ness.

Let me see what you got. Preferably black.

Its a long shot...But you never know...

·
Banned
478 Posts
I've long wanted these too, but as time passes, my lust has lessened.

without doubt, they are extremely beautiful/ extremely vintage correct, but . . . the inseam width is very narrow, they look so much better without the headrests, & I would never be able to decide on red or black.

their widths I can deal with, but worry whether it may limit the passengers I could have. I would also be nervous that they'd ruin them somehow; whether it be leaning on the side bolsters upon entry/ exit, or having items in their back pockets that would leave indents, & the like.

the absent headrests complete the look for me, but I'd feel really foolish putting 'looks' above safety. I can't get past the thoughts of whiplash when viewing these without them installeld. this is especially true when taking on the responsibility of having passengers. I suppose they are easy enough to remove & replace at will, but I'd prefer to just leave it one way or the other.

color, what about color? I suppose black on black would be the most vintage, but I have a weakspot that says, for such a price, I mind as well make them stand out for all they're worth & rock a set in speed racing red. besides, red leather for me personally is extremely impressive. lol, but yep . . . ever since Michael Jackson went moonwalking in that red biker jacket, I've been hooked on the concept of red leather.

personally, I don't have any Nakamae cross-stitched items, but please don't try matching both. they just don't flow well what so ever. the straight pleat style of these nakamae's is so much more of a 1950's era, whereas cross stitching became popular in the 1970's & always looks so confusing to me when I see people mix & match these simply because both items are made by the same manufactorer.

at the end of the day, you know I more than dig your style & feel we share in the same desires with these little roadsters. so, the hell with it, Nakamae seats with vent holes & toggle switches up the wazoo, all the while staring at Smith guages behind a wooden Nardi steering wheel. I'm so ready sir. meaning, if you'd like to see if we could save on costs by having a shipment of 4 seats instead of just one set from overseas, please let me know. I have spoke to Prototipo on this more than once already & would have no problem pulling the plug on purchasing a set, although recently I've come up with alternatives that seem just as filled with pride, executed to the same degree, without as much worry or dollars invested, & just an overall better flow. we can discuss that avenue through PM, otherwise consider this input of a novel to be my 'bump' for your thread.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
There are some VERY similar seats that are always on yahoo auctions. They are black and sell for ~$600. Perhaps through Rod at tetsuya you guys could order four of those? The seats really do look like dead ringers for the nakamae seats. IIRC the nakamae ones are in the $1600+ each range. :eek:

Then again they are for like a size 30in waist. I'd need one for each cheek haha.

·
Registered
638 Posts
tetsuyagarage has a link that he can bring over. Check the Sponsors link. It's currently up on yahoo.co.jp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts