ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sounds like a funny topic, but can any1 explain why the tip would just suddenly decide on its own to just fall off? i noticed my muffler progressively got louder driving today...and off of freeway exit, i noticed a dangling noise trailing as i took off, and there it is-my exhaust tip decided to take a plunge.

its like my roadster is hinting to me that it would like to be louder and couldn't take it waiting for me... i have done nothing to the car(hit something or ram it against a curb) and it just wanted to come off on its own.

nice story, and its now got a better tone. anyone else has something similar?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing 4 years ago! Everything after the muffler just dissapeared, and then melted through my bumper!

No clue why, it just seemed to 'rot' out, but there was no rust, etc anywhere on/under/near the car!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
caldera: so should i get another tip welded on for bumpers sake? i really love the free flowing sound. and its free...literally!

on another note...its got 152k on its odo. i hear loud ding noise from under on rare occassions...could this be arounf the time when the cat decides to go out? my acceleration was crap from when i got the car in june...and it seem to have gotten faster literally over night.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes. Fix it... put some sort of turn-back on it... my corner light flops out now and the bumper hangs a bit wierd on that side. :)

Agreed though, it did sound pissed! I just got a full junkyard exhaust, myself.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
caldera: so should i get another tip welded on for bumpers sake? i really love the free flowing sound. and its free...literally!

on another note...its got 152k on its odo. i hear loud ding noise from under on rare occassions...could this be arounf the time when the cat decides to go out? my acceleration was crap from when i got the car in june...and it seem to have gotten faster literally over night.
Its possible, my cat just went south not too long ago, it was currently on a friends car. He put the replacement on today, and mentioned it definately felt slower.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooohhh. ok, but not too eager to find out if it is a cat failure. i wouln't get under there with a rubber mallet, just to find out i gotta spend more money...but i will put on a tip tho. i'm a cheap bastard and goin along with the free sound. hehed

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
yeah, why replace it if you dont have to immediately?

I finally got my exhaust back last night, cat is back in the box and a straight pipe is bolted in its place until "the man" needs to take a look at it again. quite a noticeable difference in performance. I love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts